17 REPLIES 17

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37253 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions

1000016792.gif

Why pick on that guide?

What about the Guide: How-to guide for My O2 for starters @madasaf1sh? One I wrote, that has been reduced to the class of a chocolate fireguard 🤬

Oh and the Guide: How do I get to the 'Download Bill' page? - yeah, corker there with the current split personalities of web vs app MyO2 versions, too.

And about 80% of the rest as well!

I think this one still works though: Guide: How do I find my own mobile number? Future proof, that one 🤣

The best plan would have been to move the regulars to 360 first, so they had a head start - and key Guides could have been revised - but patently apparent that MyO2 was never, nor is it yet, ready for PrimeTime. 'nuff said! 

Message 11 of 18

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10637 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3094 Solutions

@Cleoriff 

I ddn't mean to offend you by asking for it to be updated or removed, but it was created in 2016 and has never been updated, and has lots of misleading information that others are now pointing at multiple times and telling people to pay by method that is going to create the person asking for help more issues, and no come back... apart from xyz on your community told me to pay by that

@pgn 

I only pointed that one out as the same person who replies to every beeping payment post telling people to pay by bank transfer , as I said.. 

And totally agree it would have been better, like in the old days where we got heads up on changes etc...

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 12 of 18

pgn
  • 37253 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions

Re O2 and heads-up on changes... A bit like a certain pirate scallywag, VMO2 are...

1000016806.gif

Message 13 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 124259 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7514 Solutions

@madasaf1sh 

Although the guide is showing as 2016 when last updated, It was actually corrected in 2019 and 2021 when O2's bank details disappeared (yet again) and Martin reapplied them.

I agree it needs updating. However, I took the hump because of the way you 'casually' asked @Dave-O2 to get rid of it. (over my dead body) 😂

We have all said many of the guides need updating due to the 'all singing, all dancing' 360 platform.

So far we are still waiting for the go ahead.

Actually, I agree with you @madasaf1sh, Nowadays, I would never pay by bank transfer either. Also I'm not sure about cheques. However someone in the higher echelons needs to confirm what are acceptable payments. I know the link gives 2 methods, but does payment management/O2 still accept cheques? @Martin-O2 never  got back to me with clarification on the address to send them to.

These are the answers required from @Dave-O2 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146977 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28265 Solutions

I was asked some time ago to review all the guides and to let our community manager know which ones needed to be updated. I spent hours doing this and nothing happened, so I gave up.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 15 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 124259 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7514 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

I was asked some time ago to review all the guides and to let our community manager know which ones needed to be updated. I spent hours doing this and nothing happened, so I gave up.

You must have given up @MI5 as I certainly heard nothing about the guides I wrote (and I'm sure at least 2 of those would have come under your hammer) 😂

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 18

jonsie
  • 93280 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

One thing that I sincerely believe is that the authors of the various guides (those members who are still with us) should have the remit to amend and update guides at their own discretion

In other words we should always have editing rights without having to seek approval from the community managers unless needing them to obtain confirmation of certain processes from O2

Let's face it, we guys on here know more about O2 policies and procedures than the majority of customer service advisers and certainly all of the outsourced agency staff

Our editing rights should be ongoing without the ridiculous timing out

Or let's just scrap all guides and point people to the wonderful O2 website and social media platforms which are both woeful

Message 17 of 18

pgn
  • 37253 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions

That, @jonsie - and divert replies to normal Forum Channels, there's little of real value in most of the comments on the majority of the guides, that I can see.

Message 18 of 18