Did you mean: 

barring document

jev
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I lost my handset and reported loss to O2 thus bar was put to my sim and handset. I was issued with a new sim which should be activated within 24 hours but its not and I don't know why. In addition, my insurance company asking for barring document (kind of confirmation of loss report) but I haven't received any and don't know how to order. Online chart not available and sim not activated thus can't make a call. Any advice?  Thanks

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27669 Solutions
The store will have to call customer service to have the bar lifted off your account before the sim will activate.
You can do this yourself by contacting customer service prior to visiting the store.
If live chat isn’t working still, try clearing your cache and cookies or try a different browser.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Cleoriff
  • 122923 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Hi @jev Some information here on activating your sim https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/activating-your-sim  If you need any help then try live chat or borrow a phone and contact O2 https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122923 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Just to add I have tried Live Chat and they are available.

Or as I said borrow a mobile phone or use a landline and ask Customer services for further help

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 12

jev
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sim was swaped at the store yesterday and I received email confirmation that activation can take up to 24h. Can't do it online because don't have working sim

Message 4 of 12

jev
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Unfortunately Live Chat not available at my computer 😞

Message 5 of 12

jev
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

thanks for advice but probably would have to go to the store to sort this out

Message 6 of 12

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

@jev If you have an O2 store nearby, that would be your best option. They will be able to call customer service so you can speak to them directly.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122923 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Bambinowrote:

@jev If you have an O2 store nearby, that would be your best option. They will be able to call customer service so you can speak to them directly.

Totally agree @Bambino. If all other options are unavailable to @jev then this will be the best thing to do wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122923 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@jevwrote:

Sim was swaped at the store yesterday and I received email confirmation that activation can take up to 24h. Can't do it online because don't have working sim

Just noticed this comment @jev. Have you tried rebooting the phone (turning it on and off) This may be all you need to get the activation started. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 12

jev
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Every hour I reboot the phone but nothing 😕 

Thanks guys for advice, I'm going to the store and hope they will sort this out wink 

Message 10 of 12