Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Level 1: Joiner

Re: Yearly upgrade & new iPhone XS

@Anonymous Just did and the person said that I'd need to wait until November. Kinda rubbish as it will have a knock on effect every year now unless I just don't upgrade this year. 

Topics: 686

[ Edited ]

I have tagged @Martin-O2 to this thread. He is currently preparing FAQ's for the release of the iPhone(s) and hopefully will be able to advise further.

No point in further speculation until he responds.

*The Game Is On*

Community Manager

Thanks for the mention @Cleoriff smiling 

@hoopheid No detail on how this will work yet but we will have more information after tomorrows event. I'll give you a shout once we have some info around how it's all going to work this year. 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
iPhone 11 megathread! - Find out the latest info on the i Phone 11!
Priority gig tickets calendar - Check out the latest tickets available on Priority!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

Topics: 532
Solutions: 11,434

You always have the option of selling your phone at anytime and using that money to pay off your device plan. It can be sold anywhere and not restricted to recycling with o2.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)
Topics: 686

@Martin-O2 wrote:

Thanks for the mention @Cleoriff smiling 

@hoopheid No detail on how this will work yet but we will have more information after tomorrows event. I'll give you a shout once we have some info around how it's all going to work this year. 

Thanks @Martin-O2 Smiley Wink

*The Game Is On*

Anonymous

@hoopheid Sell your current phone to CEX & get a good deal for it then use that money to help pay off your current device plan then get your new phone & you should be good to go

Topics: 547
Solutions: 3,427

We said the yearly upgrade would be a problem due to the waiting time for the phones. The only option apart from selling the phone yourself is to call customer service. I would do that now to see what their solution is, rather than wait until the phone lines can't cope with this years panic over availability.

Level 1: Joiner

@jonsie I did but they can't really tell me anything because the event hasn't actually happened yet. All of the trusted Apple news sources though saying that the new phones will almost certainly go on sale this Friday with a release date of the 21st.

Anonymous

This Friday is the 14th not the 21st so if that’s correct then it will be next week that the phones will be on sale but pre orders will likely be on the 14th
Highlighted
Community Manager

[ Edited ]

Thanks for posting about Apple! We’ve locked this thread as we’re keeping the conversation in one place this year so please drop in to our Apple Megathread and join the discussion there!

To add, check out the FAQ section in the megathread also in case your upgrade-related question is covered there. Smiley Happy

Q. Due to low stock last year my yearly upgrade (YUP) date is after the new iPhone launch date. Can I upgrade before then?

A. So long as you’ve seen out at least 12 months of your term, you will be able to upgrade from Friday 14 September and subject to meeting any other applicable terms of the promotion.

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
iPhone 11 megathread! - Find out the latest info on the i Phone 11!
Priority gig tickets calendar - Check out the latest tickets available on Priority!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature