Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Level 1: Joiner
Accepted Solution

Yearly upgrade & new iPhone XS

I got the iPhone X last year on release day with o2 and because Apple delayed and didn't release the new phones until November last year, I'm wondering if this will knock the yearly upgrade out of order this time. The new iPhones are due to be announced tomorrow and likely going on sale next Friday - but my o2 says that I now can't upgrade until the end of October because they delayed the phone launch last year.

Is there any way around this without having to just pay off your full device plan? I don't want to wait and keep upgrading in November every year now when the new phones are going to come out in September again.

Topics: 683

Re: Yearly upgrade & new iPhone XS

[ Edited ]

@hoopheidI'm not sure how this will affect your upgrade. I will ask one of our community managers to  advise further @Martin-O2 @Marjo , (They were both here during the last launch)

As far as I recall, the iPhone 8 was released on the 22nd September and the iphone X a month later. I would imagine if you are going for the XS it would require a wait...If they stagger the release as they did last year..

*The Game Is On*

Thanks @Cleoriff. I'm sure I'm not the only one in this position as everyone got the iPhone X at the same time last year.

I edited my post above @hoopheid. I would say if Apple stagger the release of the two phones this year (as they did last year) and if you wanted the XS, you would have to wait until that one was released?

*The Game Is On*

Anonymous

Well hopefully that won’t happen again or o2 should make an allowance to make some leniency but that likely won’t happen

@Anonymous wrote:
Well hopefully that won’t happen again or o2 should make an allowance to make some leniency but that likely won’t happen

Well it was a bit of a mess last year....many people complained they had the 8 and then a month later the X was released and they would have gone for that one. I suppose it depends whether they are released together or not. We have no official dates as yet?

*The Game Is On*

Anonymous

The only official date Is the announcement at 6pm tomorrow night then if my guess is correct iOS 12 gets released next Wednesday the 19th then new iPhone Friday the 21st

You may be right but due to the 'mess' last year I will wait for 'official' confirmation wink

*The Game Is On*

That's my point @Anonymous - if the phone is released on the 21st, people who got the iPhone X on the annual upgrade scheme won't be able to upgrade as last year's phone came out in November. A bit annoying.

Anonymous

@hoopheid You will have to take it up with O2