Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Topics: 576
Solutions: 3,926

Re: WiFi Calling and 4G not available on Tariff?

Great information @r1ch as we haven't encountered a spend cap causing problems before thumbsup

Highlighted
Topics: 561
Solutions: 14,395

Will there ever be a day when 2 of O2's systems work together?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Highlighted
Topics: 576
Solutions: 3,926

@MI5 wrote:
Will there ever be a day when 2 of O2's systems work together?

Not when there is a y in the day!

Highlighted
Level 48: Jubilant         

Not while they have more than 1...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Highlighted
Former Staff

Thanks a lot for updating us @r1ch, I'm glad to hear it's all sorted for you now! I'll make sure to pass on the feedback on your whole experience with this to the Business, and if you need anything else give us a shout slight smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

Highlighted
Level 2: Apprentice

I thought I would just update this thread as I am now planning on moving on from o2.

Unfortunately, 2 years later they still have not implemented texting over Wi-Fi. They have said they plan to add it well over a year ago and still nothing. I have been informed Sky has Wi-Fi calling and texting which surprises me as they also use the o2 network. There was an update where o2 said that it was difficult to implement a while ago but so many networks have it now including companies on their own network who also have it that it's hard not believe that o2 just don't care.

Wi-Fi calling has been working pretty well. There are some issues if I leave my house and comeback but I can't say whether this is an o2 issue or a phone issue. But after many years with o2, I was originally with them when they where BT and then split off but in this day and age there are certain services that are required and should be considered a minimum but o2 seem to have no interest in fufilling these juding by empty promises.

Sorry to come on strong, I appreciate the community but some things just can't be escapd considering so many services send text verification nowadays and when you have no signal it's a nightmare.