Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Level 1: Joiner
Accepted Solution

Why is my new sim not working

I did the swap sim over the phone 4-5 hours ago and it still doesn't work. I appreciate it says up to 24 hours but my husband also has a new phone and did the same thing about an hour ago and his new phone is working. Can you explain this?
Topics: 561
Solutions: 14,431

Re: Why is my new sim not working

@SharonD 

Have you rebooted your phone?

If it's not working by the morning, you need to call customer services again to check Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Community Manager

Hi @SharonD , as it's been a few days since you posted about your new SIM not working, I just wanted to check how you're getting on with it at the moment? Do you still require any help? Did rebooting your phone help by any chance as suggested above?

It would be lovely to hear back from you. Smiley Happy

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? See if the My O2 how-to guide will help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

Level 1: Joiner

I'm up and running thanks - the SIM was faulty and I needed a replacement... Thanks for thinking about me 😀