Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using phone abroad

Nicey83
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I'm in America, have the inclusive travel bolt on so I can use my phone pretty much the same as back home. Except 2 days ago I received a text saying I'd reached my £48 data cap limit. I've contacted o2 on 2 occasions and they've said to ignore as there's no charges on my account. BUT I cannot get my data to work, even with the magic turn off and on again. Please help!!
Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hi everyone, 

I've had an update on this one which has been posted here. Any new updates will be posted there so please keep an eye on that thread for further news.  

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Nicey83

You are the 2nd person this week to complain about data problems in the US even though you have Travel Inclusive.

You have to persevere with CS I'm afraid. Remind them there is NO data cap with Travel Inclusive

"You’ll get a daily allowance of 120 minutes and 120 texts, and data,  when you roam in our O2 Travel Inclusive Zone. There’s no cap on data, but we’ll manage traffic and may need to slow down speeds depending on usage, and all allowances are subject to our Fair Usage policy. Calls and texts to premium rate numbers and other special numbers are not included."    

https://www.o2.co.uk/international/travel-inclusive-zone       

For info the Fair usage policy is here  https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/o2-consumer-fair-usage-policy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 12

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
@Martin-O2 @EmilieT @Marjo another one !
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Since my response, this has now become the THIRD person this week in the US with this problem!!

Obviously happening to many more who have not posted on the forum. What a disaster O2 Travel Inclusive is turning out to be!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 12

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9988 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

What network is everyone trying to roam on in the USA, and where abouts in the US are you? 

Has anyone tried switching networks to At&T or T-Mobile?? 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 12

Nicey83
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank You! I contacted guru again!! 3rd time!! This person straight away said there was a data cap in place which he has removed. I should be back to normal services within 24hrs
Message 6 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Nicey83Best of luck. I hope this removal lasts for the remainder of your holiday.

Keep rebooting your phone to allow the data cap removal to work asap.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 12

Nicey83
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@Cleoriff Thanks for the tips. Much appreciated.
Message 8 of 12

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions
@madasaf1sh FYI, AT&T and T-Mobile are the only networks in the US O2 customers can roam on. Verizon and Sprint are incompatible with GSM phones.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 9 of 12

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9988 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
Yes i meant to say between AT&T and T-Mobile, there also quite a few smaller regional networks that use GSM, but you cant usualy roam on to them
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 10 of 12