cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPGRADE OFFER, 02 have not got a clue

Anonymous
Not applicable

Received an email today from o2 regarding price increases.  Not happy but just have to live with it.

Here’s the best part.  In my email it mention I can get an upgrade now without a penalty charge J.

Called o2, they had no idea about this.  Sent the email to o2 to check if it was official.  Guess what it was.  The nice lady then said ok we will upgrade your phone now for you.  She then contacted upgrades team and yes you have guessed it they had no clue and refused to do it.

Here is part of the email.

You'll also see some changes to our other charges, such as for calls and texts if you go over your monthly allowance, international calls and MMS. To see what this means for you, go to o2.co.uk/prices.

And now for the good bit

Want a new phone now? Have it. We've arranged for you to upgrade early – without any fees or charges. Call us on 202 free from your mobile or Live Chat with us through the Help & Support section of o2.co.uk.

This is just the start of everything we've got lined up for you. Like more great value for money services. Even more exciting technology. Watch this space.

Kind regards

Martin Bould
Head of Consumer Marketing

No one from o2 seem to know about this email.

Time to visit Facebook & twitter.

Has anyone had these emails?

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
yes, they dont know what to do....they were lost.
Message 11 of 25

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions
It may be that the upgrade off is for certain customers and is just something new which is being implemented and some O2 staff are not aware of it yet. Sometimes when changes are made, some staff are not aware of it in the first few weeks.

Have you forwarded your email to O2 customer services?
Message 12 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gemz4the1 wrote:
It may be that the upgrade off is for certain customers and is just something new which is being implemented and some O2 staff are not aware of it yet. Sometimes when changes are made, some staff are not aware of it in the first few weeks.

Have you forwarded your email to O2 customer services?

According to the opening post the OP says they forwarded the contents to o2.

"Called o2, they had no idea about this.  Sent the email to o2 to check if it was official.  Guess what it was.  The nice lady then said ok we will upgrade your phone now for you.  She then contacted upgrades team and yes you have guessed it they had no clue and refused to do it."

Message 13 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Make the rules up as you go along time again
Message 14 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does seem to be a common occurrence at the moment.

O2 struggling at the moment with customer perception.
Message 15 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Make the rules up as you go along time again

I'm hoping Pabio's offer of help or my suggestion to contact Toby may hopefully bring this to resolution.

Message 16 of 25

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions
Sorry BoB I had a blonde moment - I meant to say has the OP sent the email to the O2 complaints department.
Message 17 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is currently being looked at by the o2 team.  It does seem people at o2 are a bit baffeled about the email offer.

Been promised a call on Tuesday, so will update then.

thanks for everyones help on this.

Message 18 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hope you get it make sure you push as you have it in writing slight_smile
Message 19 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to update it did all get sorted out.

There was an email sent out to select customers (generally folk with less than 6 months left on the contract) inviting them for an early upgrade.  Marketing didn't tell anyone (upgrades/customer service) that they were doing so until people started calling in about it.  Hence the confusion.

Thankfully it's all clarified now and those who got the emails are free to get their upgrade sorted.  OP got called back on Tuesday letting him know.

Message 20 of 25