Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text delivery

DavidS2885
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have a very poor signal at home and , following O2’s decision to stop supporting the TU app, I bought a new phone, Samsung Galaxy S8, to take advantage of the WiFi calling.

I have since found that I can make and receive phone calls but I have had difficulty with texts.

The texts are confirmed as sent on my phone but do not get through to the receiving sometimes until much later and in some cases up to a day late.

I have asked O2 for help regarding this but i am still having the problem.

Can anyone help or explain why this is happening?

Thank you

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Thanks for confirming what was going on, even if it was bad news @LeGrandRichard.
Unfortunately we here do not know if/when the situation with SMS is going to be resolved - we have been told numerous times that it is being worked on.
@ChrisK - is there anything further to add?
@Marjo @Martin-O2 @EmilieT - can you contact Richard and get details of who he has been talking to so that the chat representative can have further training/feedback?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 21 of 30

LeGrandRichard
  • 9 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5   indeed it's EE that works here. We are not completely off the beaten track and not a million miles from Glastonbury ... the EE network has apparently come on leaps and bounds here!

Sorry again for my ridiculous gullibility with all this. I have been popping in here for a while (without joining the community) I thought that you guys must simply hear the supposed revelation when it actually came from O2 yesterday!

Keep up the good work.

Hope you can bring some reaction here from an O2 representative with some hard facts.

Message 22 of 30

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Thanks for the mentions @MI5 and @gmarkj!

@LeGrandRichard I'm really sorry to hear you've been given wrong information, we don't have any update just yet on this but as soon as we do we will share more on the community of course slight_smile I'd like to make sure that whoever you talked to gets this feedback, so I'll send you a Private Message right away to get a few more details!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 23 of 30

LeGrandRichard
  • 9 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@EmilieT indeed yes lets PM but I must admit that it probably isn't so much an individuals problem at O2 as it the information he's given. Let's not find a scapegoat! What we really want is ghard information about progress with this. Best R

Message 24 of 30

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Of course @LeGrandRichard, I'll pass on your feedback to more than whoever you talked to, and as soon as we have any news on the progress of messaging over WiFi we'll let the community know as well so make sure to pop back in every now and then slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 25 of 30

LeGrandRichard
  • 9 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Any news about allowing O2 Mobile users to access Wi-Fi yet? SURELY THIS MUST BE FIXED SOON? Best Richard
Message 26 of 30

LeGrandRichard
  • 9 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Marjo @Martin-O2 @EmilieT    I've just posted a request asking when SMS Txt is set to work with wi-fi?  (Forgot to direct this to the list) 

Surely if the complexity of a voice use can be accessed over wi-fi ... SMS text should be a doddle (and already working with many other providers)

Is anybody actually looking into this?

Best

Richard

Message 27 of 30

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@LeGrandRichard 

O2 now support RCS so if you use Google messages you can send and receive SMS over Wi-Fi.

This may still be phone dependant but I have it working on my OnePlus6.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 28 of 30

LeGrandRichard
  • 9 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Many thanks MI5 ... pardon my higorance but when you say "Google Messages", is this akin to the way that Messages works on OSX?  As a Mac OSX user ... I use their Messages application and that does access some folk with SMS over wi-fi. But there are still many people whose SMS messages sit in my phone saying "UNDELIVERED" when using wi-fi. For example I have a some very silly trendy friends who have gone back to using old fashioned style Nokia phones and around roughly 50% in my Contact list are using text systems that Mac OSX Messages won't deliver. Perhaps Google Messages is a similar thing.  What seems to be the case (as far as I can glean?) ... is that many other mobile providers simply allow access to any TEXT service on wi-fi ... but not O2. All the best Richard

Message 29 of 30

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Google message app but having just had a quick look, I can't see it on Apple app store so may not be available for iOS yet.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 30 of 30