Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text delivery

DavidS2885
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have a very poor signal at home and , following O2’s decision to stop supporting the TU app, I bought a new phone, Samsung Galaxy S8, to take advantage of the WiFi calling.

I have since found that I can make and receive phone calls but I have had difficulty with texts.

The texts are confirmed as sent on my phone but do not get through to the receiving sometimes until much later and in some cases up to a day late.

I have asked O2 for help regarding this but i am still having the problem.

Can anyone help or explain why this is happening?

Thank you

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@LeGrandRichard wrote:

In addition to this ... after many years of frustration that my mobile service at home is dreadful and i've been using wi-fi calling at home ... there IS now a Bolt-on for iphone users ("Iphone Bolton") that enables SMS text use on wifi too .... about time!!!

@LeGrandRichard 

Tell us more please?

I don't think we, as a community, are aware of anything new?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 30

LeGrandRichard
  • 9 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I used Online chat ... explained that I have no O2 mobile signal at home and an iphone 6s.  

I said that although Wi-fi Calling works a treat at home, i've never got SMS Text to work on wi-fi. (Texting to other Apple or iPhone users works well with "Messages" using home wi-fi ... but sending text to folk with standard SMS text phones needs the O2 connection on wifi ... other wise )

I was told by the Chat guy that he was adding a Bolt On called "iphone Bolt-on" which would fix this.

I've just tried taking my mobile into an area of the house (the cellar) without ANY mobile signal whatsoever ... and sent an SMS text using our wi-fi .... IT WORKS!

Message 12 of 30

LeGrandRichard
  • 9 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

In addition ... I have just googled "iphone Bolt-on" after not easily finding info on this website. This little known Bolt-On would most likely have recently helped me in Southern Ireland ... where DATA is very difficlut when using the Roaming facility ... O2 should be ashamed of themselves!

QUSTION: Why oh why is this not mentioned to people with iphones on O2?  

In O2 account details when signing up ... there is a question "What make and model phone are you using" Everyone who answers iPhone (Perhaps 5s and later?) should be given access to this bolt on ... which to be quite frank, will change my life!

I am a composer often working in studios away from O2 mobile coverage (as well as dreadful coverage at home) My life has, until today, been made a misery by people who continually call the studio land line "I sent you a text message ... why don't you reply?"  There must be many others in all sorts of locations away froma mobile signal and own iphones ... O2 - YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED TO CALL YOURSELVES A "COMMUNICATION" NETWORK!!! PLEASE MAKE A BOLT-ON ACCESSIBLE TO EVERYONE WITH AN IPHONE .... AND TELL THEM ABOUT IT!

Message 13 of 30

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Well that's quite remarkable!

@Martin-O2 @Marjo @EmilieT any official news on this please?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 14 of 30

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@LeGrandRichard wrote:

In addition ... I have just googled "iphone Bolt-on" after not easily finding info on this website. This little known Bolt-On would most likely have recently helped me in Southern Ireland ... where DATA is very difficlut when using the Roaming facility ... O2 should be ashamed of themselves!

Yjere has always been an "iPhone bolt on" ever since day 1.

Visual voicemail will not work without it, nor will data services outside of the UK.

I'm trying to understand if live chat is confused or if there is an addition to the already known about bolt on.

Currently using:
Message 15 of 30

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
It's not using iMessaging is it @MI5 @LeGrandRichard?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 16 of 30

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:
It's not using iMessaging is it @MI5 @LeGrandRichard?

Don't know

Still waiting for feedback from @Marjo @Martin-O2 @EmilieT 

Currently using:
Message 17 of 30

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

We were told that messaging via WiFi would be available this quarter but nothing official yet? 

Message 18 of 30

LeGrandRichard
  • 9 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

MANY APOLOGIES - I WAS GIVEN THE WRONG INFO BY O2 - TEXTING ON WI-FI DOES NOT WORK!

Yesterday I was convinced that the SMS text that I sent to a mobile didn't access "Messages" and had "broken through" with standard SMS using wi-fi. I was given the wrong information. I've just sent an SMS text to an Android user without "Messages" and receive an error message "Not Delivered"

I am furious:-

1. For having my time wasted by O2 for not advising their chat representatives correctly.

2. O2 offers me no mobile signal at my home, whereas after some research this morning I realize other networks now do.

3. For the embarrassment caused by an O2 representative of my attempting to put misinformation here.

What do you suggest O2?

After holding an account with this network for over 20 years (starting with your previous incarnation - Cellnet) ... do i have no alternative but move supplier?

Best wishes to all community members here,

Richard

Message 19 of 30

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Thought as much.....
PS, I suggest EE wink

Currently using:
Message 20 of 30