cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tariff change

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I have a 20 GB tariff, but recently I realised, that I'm not using even half of this data. How can I change my tariff to the older one? I'm trying to login, nothing happens, I changed my password, and when I login - it just turns me back to the same login page.
Regards, Maz
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous Sorry, you can't downgrade your tariff. If you're on Refresh, you can pay off what you owe on your phone, which leaves you free to cancel the air time with no penalty, and then get a sim only contract at a lower tariff. That's the only alternative, I believe.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
I mean lower one *
Max.
Message 2 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous Sorry, you can't downgrade your tariff. If you're on Refresh, you can pay off what you owe on your phone, which leaves you free to cancel the air time with no penalty, and then get a sim only contract at a lower tariff. That's the only alternative, I believe.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 6

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

Do you mean you want to return to the lower tariff you had prior to upgrading or you wish to lower your tariff as you are not using the 20gb data you're on presently? If the latter you will only be able to reduce your tariff when you are due your next upgrade. You can, however, move back to the tariff you were on prior to upgrading. Please refer to the link below:
http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Mobile),CASE=36012

And I assume, though you don't make it clear, you are having a problem logging into MyO2. You say you changed your password. Did you receive confirmation of the change? Have you tried inputting your old password? What message do you get when you are returned to the login page?

Sorry for all the questions but more information is needed for us to be able to assist you further.

And welcome to the forum @Anonymous Welcome

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 4 of 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous  Simple answer, as said. you wont be able to downgrade your tariff mid contract. You can upgrade but not reduce it.

As for logging into My O2, try again this morning please and if still having problems you need to contact customer services to ask them for help with resetting your log in details and password change https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Best of luck,:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 6

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous! Just checking how you're getting on - did you have a moment to check the above info from our members? Please do let us know if you have any further questions? slight_smile

Message 6 of 6