Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Previously free International roaming

Portchieboy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I took out a SIM only deal some years ago, cannot recall exactly when, and I had completely free roaming, matching the £6 a day scheme, but free. I used this several times over the years, for US, S.America, NZ etc.  As I am off to Canada and US soon, I thought I would double check that it was still enabled. It seems sadly not?

I explained to the operator when I phoned, and whilst she was excellent, and gave me a £30 credit, she did not seem to understand the previous contract, nor the fact that I was never advised of the change. The only thing I can think is that 12 months ago I had to have a replacement SIM due to a problem, but again, I did check that the deal would remain.

Does anyone know what the deal was? I recall being told that there was a short period when this deal was offered, but stopped soon after. That being said it was being honoured so long as the contract was not changed. As such, I have always retained the deal, even though I am paying way over the odds for my usage. Over £13 monthly when I only ose less than 1mb a month.

How can I resolve this, and get the deal returned to me. Does anyone have a record of the name of the deal.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23144 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

@Portchieboy Whatever deal you had regarding roaming is ancient history and will not be coming back. Also see this guide regarding roaming in the US: USA - Roaming with O2 - O2 Community

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 10

Portchieboy
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for taking the time Bambino. I totally appreciate your comments, and note the new US regs.

I think though that what gets my goat is the fact that I definitely had the Travel inclusive zone bolt on before, and it was confirmed verbally as late as mid 2022. All of a sudden, it has disappeared, no advice to me whatever. This is a contractual change, and cannot be.

Message 3 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144641 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions

@Portchieboy 

Whichever travel bolt on you have, if any, will be shown in your MyO2 if you click on view bolt ons. 

You may be able to change your tariff also to one that includes travel inclusive if it works out financially beneficial to you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23144 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

I will ask an O2 account advisor to look into this for you. She will be on tomorrow morning and will send you a private message through this site. Look for the mail icon top right corner of the page.

@O2Sarah- can you please assist @Portchieboy?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 10

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @Bambino 

@Portchieboy I will send you a private message so we can look into this. 

Message 6 of 10

Portchieboy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am currently in dispute with O2 about a deal I had on my 20gb, SIM only pay monthly deal. I took out my SIM possibly between 5 and 10 years ago, and had a deal which gave me the equivalent of the full International roaming deal, but without the £6 a day charge.

This has now 'dissappeared', and O2 records do not go back pre 2021. Without going into more detail, does anyone else know of the deal. I gather it was only there for a small number of months.

Thank you.

Message 7 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 123079 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@Portchieboy 

The deals change all the time. Not sure what sort of deal it would have been all those years ago as only O2 Travel has been around for the length of time you are talking about.  

If travelling in the Europe zone, that is free for all customers.

This will tell you all you need to know about Travel with O2

Guide: Roaming MegaGuide 

https://www.o2.co.uk/international/using-your-phone-abroad 

If you want to try customer service again then use this info

Call 202 from your mobile or 0344 809 0202, 0800 902 0217 or 0800 032 1402 

If you have no access to a phone then use Skype to call 0800 032 1402

When you call, you will be asked for the reason you are calling,

Stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.

Press 2 for Everything Else

Press 5 for More Options

Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to an advisor.

Press Upgrade, Lost/Stolen or Fraud if you have to.

8am is the best time to call

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 10

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36130 Posts
  • 229 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

As well as advice already offered by others here and on your previous thread, you may find the original T&Cs for your old/deprecated tariff/deal buried under Past Promotions or Tariffs and Bolt-Ons, here, @Portchieboy - https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/archive

FYI - I have asked for this thread to be merged with your original thread, expect it to move in the next couple of hours or so.

Message 9 of 10

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6656 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1493 Solutions

Any roaming deal would have been an addition and not part of the main contract.

Even so, you are now well out of the minimum term and O2 can legitimately make changes and you have the right to cancel without penalty.

You say you are paying over the odds because you don't use your allowance, that's hardly O2's fault, you could have got a cheaper deal and the money saved would have covered your £6 per day.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 10 of 10