cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting number in

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey guys,

Today is the day for my t-mobile number to port into o2, i'm just wondering if whats happening now is expected behaviour:

My tmobile phone still works and when i use it to call someone it appears to be from my number which is porting to o2.
When i try and call the number which is being ported to o2 i get a 'The number you have dialed has not be recognised'.
My iPhone has 'No Service' and can't connect to the network at all.

Is this normal?! How long does porting usually take?
Message 1 of 50
49 REPLIES 49

Anonymous
Not applicable
When did CS say the ports that went wrong would be fixed?

I've not spoken to CS since this morning ... wasted enough time on the phone to them already.
I've still in my 14-day new contract window, but if I cancel god knows what'll happen to my number if I take my business elsewhere!

And they wonder why people think iPhone should have been open on all networks. Only in the UK do we accept such foul-ups as standard customer service.
Message 21 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
And they wonder why people think iPhone should have been open on all networks. Only in the UK do we accept such foul-ups as standard customer service.

Exactly. I am really tempted to cancel my contract as I too only came to o2 for the iPhone. As I am still within 14 days how easy is it to do this?

Not a good introduction to a service provider.
Message 22 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
@becstar77

I'm in the same boat too, came over from Orange after 8 years trouble free, i was sceptical about switching networks but thought the iPhone would be worth it.

Lost service since morning of 28/08 and still off 😞

H
Message 23 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have just spoken to o2 who had an update at 13:40

Apparantly the system that had failed is now back up and running through the backlog. The lady didnt provide an actual time but indicated it should be today.
Message 24 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
yeah I was with t-mobile for about 10 years I think since it was one 2 one! We've just had a bit of bad luck as it only seems to be people that were due to be ported yesterday! I rang customer services for another issue and I found their CS to be very helpful so I'll give them a chance!
Message 25 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
I too have got the same problem. Porting of number was set for yesterday (28th) and by 1800 I called customer services to be told that the number was 'in progress' and would definitely be completed by 2200. Still not ported by 0800 so I phoned again to be told that there was a problem with the system which had basically an indefinite delay, which means that they have no idea when it may be sorted. The representative would not even be drawn as to whether it would be completed by Monday!

All in all, pretty poor service I would say. You would think that they could sort out what is after all, an automated system. I am left with two phones that do not work- effectively a bricked iPhone. Very inconvenient. I trust that if anyone from O2 is reading this (but I bet they don't) I trust that everything that can be done, WILL be done and that the porting computer will not close down for the weekend!
Message 26 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
I just called CS for an update, and the agent didn't know that there any problems. That doesn't bode very well for a rapid resolution Smiley Mad
Message 27 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
.... listening to "The Animals went in Two By Two" :womanindifferent: zzzz
Message 28 of 50

Anonymous
Level 9: Fired up
  • 1487 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I also had a porting date of 28th and i have no service either!!! I tried ringing at lunch only to listen to that annoying music and waste my lunch without ever getting through! Anyone know when this problem will get sorted!
Message 29 of 50

Anonymous
Level 9: Fired up
  • 1487 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I'm too in the same situation. The CS staff are pleasant, but drone-like - 'is there anything else I can help you with today' questions are a joke as they imply they have helped me with something. When all they have been is vague, non committal and unable to resolve anything.
The music is appalling, and the holding times worse. I am seriously regretting moving from Orange after 9 years and certainly didn't expect this level of service from a big player like O2.
I would bet my iPhone (and I met as well) we are waiting all weekend with no service, no mobile and no information.
Message 30 of 50