cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting number in

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey guys,

Today is the day for my t-mobile number to port into o2, i'm just wondering if whats happening now is expected behaviour:

My tmobile phone still works and when i use it to call someone it appears to be from my number which is porting to o2.
When i try and call the number which is being ported to o2 i get a 'The number you have dialed has not be recognised'.
My iPhone has 'No Service' and can't connect to the network at all.

Is this normal?! How long does porting usually take?
Message 1 of 50
49 REPLIES 49

Anonymous
Not applicable
My iPhone had service and was telling the world that it was my number, but if you dialled the number it went through to my old phone. This lasted for about 12 hours until the old phone, on Orange, was disconnected.

Have you tried turning your iPhone off and back on? Mine showed no service until I did that.
Message 2 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeh, I've turned it off/on a whole bunch of times, I've had no service since 9am
Message 3 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
I gave o2 my pac code yesterday.. They did tell me to expect some posssible strange behaviour like that.. Said it often works fine but sometime it goes weird for 24hrs.. Basically said leave old sim in old phone, it should lose service at some point.. At that point, turn off old phone and bin sim. Now switch off/on new phone and fingers crossed it just works.
Message 4 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
The t-mobile n95 now says 'Sim Card Registration Failed' and won't connect to t-mobile, so thats deactivated.

Still 'No Service' on the iPhone, despite restarts!
Message 5 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
Gone 10pm now, the time o2 customer service said it would all be completed, and the iPhone still says no service 😞

Guess i'll have to call them tomorrow and try and get it fixed.
Message 6 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
Gone 10pm now, the time o2 customer service said it would all be completed, and the iPhone still says no service 😞
Guess i'll have to call them tomorrow and try and get it fixed.

Can I ask what happened in the end? My iphone has had no service all day!

My t mobile phone said inactive sim hours ago!
Message 7 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
My "port day" was 28/08. Things started at 07:11, and at 20:58 both my old vodafone (where number was being ported to) and my new o2 phone are dead. Not very impressive Smiley Mad
Message 8 of 50

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions
Sometimes the porting can take a slightly little longer than normal.

I would now suggest that your switch of your phones of and leave them switched of until at least 8am tomorrow morning.

If the system has occured any problems with the porting, the system sometimes to retry over night.

Switching of your phones allows the systsem to tansfer over quicker than if you leaving them on.

It is also advisable that when your proting numbers to switch you phones of for about a hour or so.
Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 9 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'd like to add to the list.

My Port from T-Mobile was due yesterday. My 02 SIM has been out of action all yesterday and my T-Mobile SIM was deactivated around 5pm. I emailed CS last night and they have advised me to wait another 24 hrs.

Lets hope it doesn't take that long?
Message 10 of 50