cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting number in

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey guys,

Today is the day for my t-mobile number to port into o2, i'm just wondering if whats happening now is expected behaviour:

My tmobile phone still works and when i use it to call someone it appears to be from my number which is porting to o2.
When i try and call the number which is being ported to o2 i get a 'The number you have dialed has not be recognised'.
My iPhone has 'No Service' and can't connect to the network at all.

Is this normal?! How long does porting usually take?
Message 1 of 50
49 REPLIES 49

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just checked again - switched off and switched on.... I'm live and ported to O2..... Thanks for all the info everyone - good to know i wasnt the only one...
Good luck...

Does incomming calls work for you?
Message 41 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
yes, first thing i tried.... no good for u?? In fact SMS works too and 3G.
Message 42 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
get 02 saying it's not been possible to connect your call...

we'll call them monday if it's the same!
Message 43 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
hello all

ive had this problem for the past couple days, and i have been following this forum.

my line is now active and i can make and receive calls and texts.

thanks to u all and i hope all your phone lines turn out well as soon as possible
Message 44 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
Me too- thank gawd! Just turned on at 2100 and it is live. Seems to be working properly. At least they were true to their word. Now I can enjoy my iPhone knowing that people can call me on it since no-one knew the issued number!
Message 45 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
I posted on here as annoyedO2lady earlier but for some reason it wont work now. I got through to o2 this evening and i have to say the cs lady was really nice she couldnt promise me when it would be fixed but its finally up and running after turning my phone on and off a minute ago. Just wanted to say good luck to everyone else and it was great to hear i wasnt alone slight_smile
Message 46 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
they mentioned compensation to me on Friday but not sure what I'll be getting. Does anyone else know?
Message 47 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've been told a credit equivalent to one month's line rental will be applied to my account.
Message 48 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable

I received my new phone on o2 contract on Friday and asked for my o2 Pay and go number to be transferred over 4 days later I still have no signal on my new phone. I tried my new sim in my old phone and I have full signal and when I put my new sim into my new phone I had full signal and the number has been transferred over to my o2 account but still no signal on my new phone. I have powered my phone off various times and left it off overnight but nothing seems to work. I have contacted o2 and they said its been transferred and there is a great network coverage in my area but still no signal on my phone.

Someone please help!!

Message 49 of 50

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144422 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
See your other thread.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 50 of 50