cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting number in

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey guys,

Today is the day for my t-mobile number to port into o2, i'm just wondering if whats happening now is expected behaviour:

My tmobile phone still works and when i use it to call someone it appears to be from my number which is porting to o2.
When i try and call the number which is being ported to o2 i get a 'The number you have dialed has not be recognised'.
My iPhone has 'No Service' and can't connect to the network at all.

Is this normal?! How long does porting usually take?
Message 1 of 50
49 REPLIES 49

Anonymous
Not applicable
My transfer was due to take place yesterday. I rang O2 last night asking when the transfer would be done, and the dude said it would be finished by 7:15am today. Apparently not. This isn't very good, really. I NEED a mobile phone in about an hour or so. I'm going away for a few days. God damn. And this constant turning on and off of the iPhone can't be doing any good to the battery, can it?
Message 11 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
I switched my phone off last night, then switched it on this morning STILL NO SERVICE
Message 12 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just phoned CS. There are no problems allegedly. But they want my PAC again (which I don't have to hand). This is turning into an utter farce. I'm beginning to regret ever moving to O2.
Message 13 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just spoken to a second (much more helpful) CS operative. Apparently all porting into O2 is broken at the moment with no ETA on resolution.

Not a very good start o2 Smiley Mad
Message 14 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
just spoke to CS and they say it's a known issue with all ports from yesterday so it looks like another 24hrs and they'll be compensating me for the time.
Message 15 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm also stuck with no phone at the moment.

Has anyone managed to get an ETA out of o2? :robotmad:
Message 16 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was told "maybe today, maybe tomorrow. We don't know. Engineers (iirc) are working on it."

Does O2 have a "network status" page anywhere?
Message 17 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
OK, I'll join the club. Bought my iPhone Saturday, used the temporary number till 26/08 when I was told to call CS. Had temp number on iPhone which worked, and my old Orange handset also worked on my old number. Phoned in my PAC number 26/08, received a text on 27th telling me the number would be ported at 28/08. 28/08 I wake to two handsets, neither of which worked, which is what I was led to expect.... for 24 hours - now, I still don't have a service.

I keep switching the handset on and off, but I need contact of some kind so I'm using WiFi email in the absence of SMS.

When did CS say the ports that went wrong would be fixed?
Message 18 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
When did CS say the ports that went wrong would be fixed?

I've not spoken to CS since this morning ... wasted enough time on the phone to them already.

I've still in my 14-day new contract window, but if I cancel god knows what'll happen to my number if I take my business elsewhere!
Message 19 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
I understand from your customer forum that porting numbers on 28/08 went seriously wrong and we are all experiencing a complete lack of service. I am waiting to transfer from XXXXX XXX XXX to XXXXX XXX XXX (Orange)

I have been without any mobile phone usage for almost two days now - I would have at least liked to keep the old number while this fiasco was sorted - this is an AWFUL introduction to o2 when I have been a happy and satisfied client of Orange for over ten years and have only moved to benefit from the iPhone. Please at least tell me when I can expect to be contactable again.

I can't even call Customer Services, as I am at work, and don't have the PAC code with me!!
Message 20 of 50