Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Unlock code not working

Brimstone
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well, well! It's now August 2018 and this issue does not appear to have been resolved. My Samsung Galaxy Note II was locked by O2 when in April I tried to insert a new SIM after an upgrade by Virgin my network of choice that I had been happily using for over a year.

O2 sent me a SIM card free of charge to insert in order to get an unlock code from them. After many chats with their call centre in India I was asked for my IMEI number and later received an 'unlatch' code. Unfortunately that code didn't work. More chats and I finally received the same code again. Still didn't work. By this time I had entered the code more than 3 times so I was locked out of the O2 network! Even more chats and they cleared the network lock and to unlock the device I received another new unlatch code by email. That didn't work either. In all attempts I had inserted my activated Virgin SIM card as instructed and very carefully entered the 8-digit unlatch code.

Long story short, O2 are now saying the manufacturer (Samsung) can't provide another code and advised me to call Samsung. Samsung say they do not have the facility to lock a device and I should contact O2. Catch 22! My Samsung is therefore locked to O2, so I can't go back to using my Virgin SIM since that makes the device ask for an unlock code I don't have. The O2 SIM does not do this.

This seems like fraudulent activity. I have threatened to report the matter to the FCA, to no avail so FCA here I come! 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Spike6485 Did you follow the advice in our Guide: Unlocking an O2 phone to use a different SIM card? If you tell us more about what's not working, the other members might have some advice slight_smile I've also replied to your Private Message now.

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 11 of 12

Spike6485
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
just replied
Message 12 of 12