Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old number porting has not worked

antonypg
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 19 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I recently purchased an iPhone 5C from O2 on a pay monthly contract. The phone worked perfectly, until I had a Tesco phone number from a previous phone ported to it. I received a PAC code from Tesco, gave it to O2, and on the 7th of May the transfer went through. The new iPhone now connects to O2-UK, with 5 out of 5 bars, but with no data and no voice. I cannot make or receive calls.

I have visited an O2 store twice, spoken to advisors on the phone twice, and done online chat about 5 times. The O2 staff in the shop proved the phone was OK by trying a different SIM. The O2 shop also replaced the SIM just in case it was faulty, no difference.

I was told in shop and on the phone that it appears the number ported over has been blocked. Both O2 and Tesco say that they didnt block it, there is nothing wrong with my O2 account.

What do I do next????

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

antonypg
  • 19 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Just to let people know, I went into the O2 store after work today and was handed the phone to speak to customer support.

After 25 minutes on the phone, I was told that there was an entry on my account stating that a porting investigation should be carried out, but there was nothing stating that one was underway. Apparently it was the 7th person I had spoken to!

The person on the phone was very helpful, and after going completely through the history again, I was asked to stay on the phone whilst a "porting exception" was raised, and have now been told that this investigation will take 24 to 48 hours. I have been promised a call on Friday, so fingers crossed!!

I requested the port on the 5th, and it is now the 14th. Unfortuneatly this phone was a birthday present for my daughter, replacing her old Tesco iPhone, and it still isnt working. Yesterday I got a Tesco PAYG SIM to put in her old phone just so she has a phone to use.

Message 21 of 28

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149371 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
Some progress at least.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 22 of 28

antonypg
  • 19 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Good news, just switched the phone off and back on, and guess what, 4G and it can make/receive calls!!!

I guess the thing to do is just keep phoning O2 every couple of days to see what is happening, and to make sure something is actually happening. It is a shame there isn't any system for the customer to view the case history.

Proves the phone/SIM were fine, must have been a porting fault.

Message 23 of 28

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
good news at least you are sorted
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 24 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
Awesome news.
Message 25 of 28

MI5
  • 149371 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
Sounds like it was as suspected and the porting had got stuck.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 26 of 28

antonypg
  • 19 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks guys for all the support.

Message 27 of 28

MI5
  • 149371 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
Enjoy it now..... and "breath" lol slight_smile
Message 28 of 28