Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old number porting has not worked

antonypg
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 19 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I recently purchased an iPhone 5C from O2 on a pay monthly contract. The phone worked perfectly, until I had a Tesco phone number from a previous phone ported to it. I received a PAC code from Tesco, gave it to O2, and on the 7th of May the transfer went through. The new iPhone now connects to O2-UK, with 5 out of 5 bars, but with no data and no voice. I cannot make or receive calls.

I have visited an O2 store twice, spoken to advisors on the phone twice, and done online chat about 5 times. The O2 staff in the shop proved the phone was OK by trying a different SIM. The O2 shop also replaced the SIM just in case it was faulty, no difference.

I was told in shop and on the phone that it appears the number ported over has been blocked. Both O2 and Tesco say that they didnt block it, there is nothing wrong with my O2 account.

What do I do next????

Message 1 of 28
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

antonypg
  • 19 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Good news, just switched the phone off and back on, and guess what, 4G and it can make/receive calls!!!

I guess the thing to do is just keep phoning O2 every couple of days to see what is happening, and to make sure something is actually happening. It is a shame there isn't any system for the customer to view the case history.

Proves the phone/SIM were fine, must have been a porting fault.

View solution in original post

Message 23 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146687 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions

@antonypg wrote:

The O2 shop also replaced the SIM just in case it was faulty, no difference.

When they replaced the sim did they (or you) do a sim swap?

I would also try the sim in a different phone, just to see if it works or not.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 28

antonypg
  • 19 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

The O2 shop did a SIM swop for me just in case it was the SIM.

Message 3 of 28

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146687 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions
So you need to try the sim in another phone.
It is also worth connecting your iPhone to iTunes and see if that springs it into life.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 28

antonypg
  • 19 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I bought the phone as a present for my daughter. If I take the SIM out of it and place it into my iPhone then it doesn't work. If I take the SIM out of my iPhone and put it into her new iPhone then that works.

There appears to be nothing wrong with the new iPhone. The SIM was replaced. It connects to O2-UK but with no 3G/4G. Everything points to the number being blocked.

Message 5 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ensure you have no carrier settings waiting to be updated.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1970

It's worth trying.

Hold the Top Button and Home Button until the Apple Logo appears, and then let go of both. Your iPhone will reset.

And ;

Settings , General , Reset , Reset All Settings.

Let us know how you get on.
Message 6 of 28

antonypg
  • 19 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi. I have chatted to about 6 representatives of O2 both online and on the phone. I have performed the on/off, reset settings, remove sim, insert sim, connect to iTunes procedure quite a few times so far.

Do you know how numbers get blocked? How do you get them unblocked?

Message 7 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
Only the network that's blocked a mobile number can lift it.
Message 8 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
It may be worth speaking to Tesco again and ask to speak to someone senior.
Message 9 of 28

antonypg
  • 19 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I believe the "port in" team are sending me a form to fill in. I guess I will have to wait until it arrives. Shame you cannot speak to them directly.

Message 10 of 28