cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 chat once again. Gotta laugh...or cry :)

cyrillicguy
Level 8: Talented
  • 247 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Hi there

So I've damaged my O2 Pay&Go sim, ordered a new one, and once it has arrived went to the O2 chat in order to get my number transferred to a new sim.

Posting a transcript here, as to me it tells a thing or two about the O2 customer service as well as puts a kinda sad smile on my face. slight_smile

info: Welcome to O2. Someone will be with you soon.
info: You're through to 'O2'
O2: Hi I'm *****. How can I help?
Eric: Hi
Eric: As I damaged my PayGo sim, I asked for a new one to be sent out to me
Eric: Now it has arrived, so I'd like to transfer my PayGo number, tariff, credit and alowances onto that new sim
Eric: could you help me with that?
O2: I'll help you in transferring your number.
O2: Can you help me with your old number and its SIM Serial number?
Eric: which one is the "old" number?

(I know it sounds like a stupid question to ask, but I did just in case slight_smile )

O2: The one which is damaged.
Eric: it's 07*********
Eric: i don't know the serial number of that sim though
O2: Can you help me with the 2 numbers you frequently call or send text?
Eric: just a sec
Eric: *********** and ***********
O2: Thank you.
O2: Just give me a minute.
O2: Thanks for waiting.
O2: I'm sorry to say that this is a special number and we won't be able to take the request for this number.

("SPECIAL" NUMBER? :[ ] Any ideas what that could mean? slight_smile )

O2: I'll help you with the link to send the request for the number transfer.
Eric: what do you mean by the "special number"
Eric: ?

O2: Click here (THE LINK LEADS TO http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/)
O2: Special number is a specific series of numbers and we've specialized team on call which handles theie query.
O2: their*
Eric: so you gave me that link
O2: Click here to send the request for number transfer
Eric: Are you aware of the very first step your website asks me to do once I click that link?

A PAUSE....

Eric: hello?
O2: Yes, I'm with you.
Eric: Are you aware of the very first step your website asks me to do once I click that link?
O2: It ask you to enter the number.
Eric: it asks me to enter the number, so it can send me a verification text
Eric: how am I supposed to receive that text if my sim is damaged?
O2: Therefore I requested you to call our team. (NO, YOU NEVER slight_smile )
O2: From your O2 mobile 4445 25p per call
O2: From a landline 0344 8090222 Standard UK Rate
O2: From abroad +44 7860 980 202 International rates

WELL, NOW YOU HAVE REQUESTED TO CALL THE TEAM slight_smile

Eric: why you gave me the link then if it's clearly unusable
Eric: ?
O2: Opening times
O2: Monday - Friday 08:00 - 21:00
O2: Saturday 08:00 - 20:00
O2: Sunday 09:00 - 18:00
O2: We provide this link to call the customers for self serve.
O2: I'm sorry, if this would've been possible from my end, I'd have already helped you

Have a nice evening, folks slight_smile

Message 1 of 105
104 REPLIES 104

Anonymous
Not applicable

I generally have my problems, (usually simple account changes), sorted in ten minutes or so.  Two minutes of small talk is no hardship to me.  I do the same when calling any call centre.

None of the issues I have had recently were resolved because of my technical ability.  Although I do take the time to educate myself about O2 products and tariffs before calling, (10 minutes on thr website).

My ex who worked in a call centre taught me a lot, which I am trying to share with others.  I almost always get good service from all call centres I use.  The exception being EE, but even then most of the operators themselves are reasonable people, their system is just useless and management even worse.

About 50% of the times I call any UK call centre, I make a new contact in that company who becomes my main point of contact ever after.

The best were Verbatim, who sent me an out of production component I needed urgently free of charge by first class post, after one of the reps found he had a demo unit on his desk.

Tip: be nice to people and see what happens.

Message 41 of 105

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
I got told twice by live chat that a warranty on my wifi only tablet was linked to its imei.
I told them, wifi tablets dont have an imei.
They then told me they wouldn't help me as I wouldn't give them the imei.

Poor knowledge of basic things is what really gets ppl annoyed.
Plus the actual LIES.
Message 42 of 105

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
So, all the complaints regarding live chat are from people who " weren't nice"?
I was perfectly nice when they told me the note 4 was waterproof in freshwater
Message 43 of 105

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

After going back and reading the initial post from the OP, which is the reason why this entire thread exists, I can't see anywhere where he wasn't 'nice'. He was given incorrect information by Live Chat, plain and simple. The OP did nothing wrong. Not only that, it was probably much more coherent than most chat transcripts we see. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 44 of 105

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93176 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

So in summary @Anonymous you live in Delhi and are a poor maligned outsourced worker. How can you deign to tell the experienced members here to give a bit of latitude to a service that has been found to be next to useless on so many occasions. Do a search on the forum and then come back to preach.

Message 45 of 105

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bambino wrote:

After going back and reading the initial post from the OP, which is the reason why this entire thread exists, I can't see anywhere where he wasn't 'nice'. He was given incorrect information by Live Chat, plain and simple. The OP did nothing wrong. Not only that, it was probably much more coherent than most chat transcripts we see. 

I interpreted his question about the link not working as sarcasm.  Up to that point, the operator was giving all the information he had to hand.

Message 46 of 105

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

So in summary @Anonymous you live in Delhi and are a poor maligned outsourced worker. How can you deign to tell the experienced members here to give a bit of latitude to a service that has been found to be next to useless on so many occasions. Do a search on the forum and then come back to preach.

I am completely unable to reproduce the problems you all claim when I use the live chat service myself.

At worst, there is a misunderstanding and I have to explain something a second time, which takes about one minute.

The difference, as far as I can see, is that my attitude and manner of speaking to them is completely different.

I am sure that there are a few genuine cases of 100% of the blame being on live chat.  But after that rediculous thread about "sim card mess up" on here, I can see what they have to contend with.

The experienced posters here are no better, because it seems that with the exception of me, most take pleasure in deliberately tripping up the support staff, who are obviously not going to be the most highly technical people in the world.

Believe me, I could stitch the majority of people there, (and here), up in knots if I wanted to.  But I prefer to get my kicks in other ways.

Message 47 of 105

Bambino
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Bambino wrote:

I interpreted his question about the link not working as sarcasm.  Up to that point, the operator was giving all the information he had to hand.

Oh, I see. You interpreted his question as sarcasm. That's why he couldn't get a correct answer from Live Chat. Can you please copy and paste the exact point where that happened? I must be missing something here, because I don't see that.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 48 of 105

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bambino wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Bambino wrote:

Oh, I see. You interpreted his question as sarcasm. That's why he couldn't get a correct answer from Live Chat. Can you please copy and paste the exact point where that happened? I must be missing something here, because I don't see that.

Yes, I interpreted it that way - I can't speak for the live chat operator, you would have to ask them.

I will not copy and paste anything here, because I made it quite clear in my original post.  The information is right there if you want it.

And I even clarified it in a later post.

Message 49 of 105

Bambino
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

I only asked you to copy and paste what you interpreted as sarcasm because I don't see the sarcasm. What I see that may be sarcastic is what the OP put in parentheses, but that isn't anything the chat operator would have seen. The OP was specific and clear in what he was asking for. Live Chat got it wrong, as they so often do.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 50 of 105