cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing tariff

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I chose the wrong contract when I rejoined O2 at the weekend so I went onto My O2 and selected upgrade.  I chose the next tariff up from what I'm on but when I went to checkout it told me that my order would be sent to my address by Royal Mail and there's a box to tick confirming that I want the service to start as soon as I receive my SIM. 

Does anyone know if this this just a generic page for all orders?  Surely O2 aren't going to send me a new SIM?  All I want is to change to unlimited minutes and more data on my next billing cycle! 

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144497 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27709 Solutions
Whilst it isn't normal practice to be sent a new sim card for a straight tariff change I think this may have something to do with the fact that you haven't had your contract for a month yet.
CS should be able to change your tariff for you on the phone but it may not be able to change until you have completed your first month.
Call them on 202.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

I'd give them a quick call just to be sure if this was me.

Have you recieved any emails from them ?
Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just thought : have you checked in your Myo2 ?
Message 3 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't get as far as putting the order through - I was worried my SIM might stop working!  I'll try and give customer services a call later or if I don't get time I'll go into store at the weekend.

That'll teach me for being mean and going for the cheapest tariff in the first place!

Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Nah you want the most for your money.

Nothing wrong with that 😄
Message 5 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144497 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27709 Solutions
Whilst it isn't normal practice to be sent a new sim card for a straight tariff change I think this may have something to do with the fact that you haven't had your contract for a month yet.
CS should be able to change your tariff for you on the phone but it may not be able to change until you have completed your first month.
Call them on 202.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
You shouldn't need a new sim for a tariff change unless your phone needed a different sized sim, all that they need to do was change your tariff on their systems, as @MI5 has advised call 202 & explain to cs
Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks M15. I just presumed I'd be able to make the change and it would kick in after my next billing date. I'll give customer services a call.
Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Great advice @Anonymous ! slight_smile
Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've finally got around to calling customer services and I'm not impressed!  I can't have the tarrif I want (unlimited texts/minutes and 3GB data for £20) as I'm an existing customer and apparently it's only available to new customers.  I can have 2GB for the same price but decided to leave it for now.  The advisor told me to phone back in a month or so and I might be able to get a better tariff.

I asked why, if I went through the upgrade link on My O2, I could choose this tarrif I was told it's actually setting me up with a new account - that's not clear from the website though.  To me 'upgrade' means upgrading the tariff I'm on, not getting a new one!

Message 10 of 13