cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 chat once again. Gotta laugh...or cry :)

cyrillicguy
Level 8: Talented
  • 247 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Hi there

So I've damaged my O2 Pay&Go sim, ordered a new one, and once it has arrived went to the O2 chat in order to get my number transferred to a new sim.

Posting a transcript here, as to me it tells a thing or two about the O2 customer service as well as puts a kinda sad smile on my face. slight_smile

info: Welcome to O2. Someone will be with you soon.
info: You're through to 'O2'
O2: Hi I'm *****. How can I help?
Eric: Hi
Eric: As I damaged my PayGo sim, I asked for a new one to be sent out to me
Eric: Now it has arrived, so I'd like to transfer my PayGo number, tariff, credit and alowances onto that new sim
Eric: could you help me with that?
O2: I'll help you in transferring your number.
O2: Can you help me with your old number and its SIM Serial number?
Eric: which one is the "old" number?

(I know it sounds like a stupid question to ask, but I did just in case slight_smile )

O2: The one which is damaged.
Eric: it's 07*********
Eric: i don't know the serial number of that sim though
O2: Can you help me with the 2 numbers you frequently call or send text?
Eric: just a sec
Eric: *********** and ***********
O2: Thank you.
O2: Just give me a minute.
O2: Thanks for waiting.
O2: I'm sorry to say that this is a special number and we won't be able to take the request for this number.

("SPECIAL" NUMBER? :[ ] Any ideas what that could mean? slight_smile )

O2: I'll help you with the link to send the request for the number transfer.
Eric: what do you mean by the "special number"
Eric: ?

O2: Click here (THE LINK LEADS TO http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/)
O2: Special number is a specific series of numbers and we've specialized team on call which handles theie query.
O2: their*
Eric: so you gave me that link
O2: Click here to send the request for number transfer
Eric: Are you aware of the very first step your website asks me to do once I click that link?

A PAUSE....

Eric: hello?
O2: Yes, I'm with you.
Eric: Are you aware of the very first step your website asks me to do once I click that link?
O2: It ask you to enter the number.
Eric: it asks me to enter the number, so it can send me a verification text
Eric: how am I supposed to receive that text if my sim is damaged?
O2: Therefore I requested you to call our team. (NO, YOU NEVER slight_smile )
O2: From your O2 mobile 4445 25p per call
O2: From a landline 0344 8090222 Standard UK Rate
O2: From abroad +44 7860 980 202 International rates

WELL, NOW YOU HAVE REQUESTED TO CALL THE TEAM slight_smile

Eric: why you gave me the link then if it's clearly unusable
Eric: ?
O2: Opening times
O2: Monday - Friday 08:00 - 21:00
O2: Saturday 08:00 - 20:00
O2: Sunday 09:00 - 18:00
O2: We provide this link to call the customers for self serve.
O2: I'm sorry, if this would've been possible from my end, I'd have already helped you

Have a nice evening, folks slight_smile

Message 1 of 105
104 REPLIES 104

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gemz4the1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That's all I ever wanted to do.  But the thread just spiralled off in to a slanging match, first against live chat, then against me.

Please don't get offended by things that are said on here.  Most of the time, due to it being typed, it can come across as being said wrong.  I'm sure it wasn't intended to offend you.

Oh, don't worry, I keep an open mind with these things.  And if people want to offend me, they have that right, I have other things to concern myself with.

But I am amased at how touchy some people get when you suggest that maybe a live chat broke down because of a mistake on their part.

Message 71 of 105

Anonymous
Not applicable

@viridis wrote:
"the thread just spiralled off in to a slanging match, first against live chat, then against me."

I think you need to re-read this thread before implying others spiralled it into a slanging match against you.

Well the thread is very one sided, you have to admit that.

I posted a commentary on the OP's chat log, commenting on it from the point of view of some body who was married to a call centre supervisor, working in the developing world, and has seen her cry at home because of being treated like dirt by callers.  I know from first hand experience that these people genuinely feel upset when you are not satisfied with their service.  They are not idiots to be mocked, the job is harder than you think.

Few, if any of you, I am sure, have had that experience, so just maybe I can teach you something.

I clearly explained where the mis-understandings in this example could have come from, but nobody is really interested in that, which would actually be a worthwhile topic of conversation, instead the thread decends in to the normal, "there are countless examples of problems in the archives".  Big deal.  There are not countless examples of threads trying to ask WHY.

Message 72 of 105

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous

You make some very good points.

As I've said previously- I suggest Live Chat for Low Level General Enquiries , but unfortunately even this can lead to some berating for suggesting using them at all.

It's a discussion that's also been repeated many times in the past.
Message 73 of 105

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi @Anonymous

As I've said previously- I suggest Live Chat for Low Level General Enquiries , but unfortunately even this can lead to some berating for suggesting using them at all.

Sadly, despite my own efforts and desire to improve things, I think that remains the best course of action at the moment.

Message 74 of 105

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23106 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3684 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi @Anonymous

 Welcome to the o2 Community Forum 

 A Customer to Customer Forum 

Support Uk o2 Jobs. 😎

Mea familia est mea vita.

Hypocrisy rules....

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 75 of 105

Anonymous
Not applicable
Live chat is only for low level enquiries & this thread shows it & all the experienced members here are right in their statements & points do no need for them to be shot down when there are so many stories & threads saying the same thing. Please @Anonymous take this on board &'stop viewing it as a personal attack rather that accept experienced members & facts count
Message 76 of 105

Anonymous
Not applicable
As a person who still uses the O2 Network as a customer ,and still uses Live Chat with success, I believe I can have a say in how I find them.

That part of my signature was introduced when the rumour was that many of the U.K. Callcentres were to be closed. That was around a few years ago. I believe its up to me what goes in my signature as long as the content does not breach current guidelines and I do still stand by my sentiments to support Uk Jobs.

You've highlighted this in my signature before.

Message 77 of 105

Anonymous
Not applicable

bandofbrothers wrote:
I believe its up to me what goes in my signature as long as the content does not breach current guidelines

Technically the latin phrase breaches the, "all posts must be in english" rule Evil

Message 78 of 105

cyrillicguy
Level 8: Talented
  • 247 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Just wanted to share my view on how this conversation between myself and the Live Chat advisor could look like

Advisor: hi,  have you got a general or an account-related enquiry? 

Me: (explaining the problem) 

Advisor: right,  because this is an account-related enquiry,  I'd need to take you through some security first

Me:ok

Advisor:blah blah

Me:blah blah blah

Advisor:thanks for completing security,  I'm sorry,  but my system does not allow me to do a sim swap for.... (here goes the reason behind my number being so 'special'). Now, there are still two options for you: you could either go to *link*,  although as this would involve you getting a text on your old sim,  which as far as I understand,  is damaged and therefore unusable,  or you could phone....*gives the number and opening hrs*

Message 79 of 105

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cyrillicguy wrote:

Just wanted to share my view on how this conversation between myself and the Live Chat advisor could look like

Advisor: hi,  have you got a general or an account-related enquiry? 

Me: (explaining the problem) 

Advisor: right,  because this is an account-related enquiry,  I'd need to take you through some security first

Me:ok

Advisor:blah blah

Me:blah blah blah

Advisor:thanks for completing security,  I'm sorry,  but my system does not allow me to do a sim swap for.... (here goes the reason behind my number being so 'special'). Now, there are still two options for you: you could either go to *link*,  although as this would involve you getting a text on your old sim,  which as far as I understand,  is damaged and therefore unusable,  or you could phone....*gives the number and opening hrs*

Good feedback, hopefully @Toby will forward this to them

Message 80 of 105