Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Travel Inclusive - confused!

Harrysmum2008
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 50 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi to anyone who remembers me, it's been a while since I posted.

As the title says, I'm confused by O2 Travel Inclusive.  I spoke to Live Chat this morning as I wanted my PAC to move to Three for their Go Roam.  I was offered O2 Travel Inclusive and decided to go ahead but now I'm having second thoughts as I've found online that data it throttled after 150MB.  I spoke to customer services who said it's unlikely that it would be but I've found so many posts complaining about speed that I'm now regretting staying!

Has anyone been to the US and had decent speeds? 

Thanks in advance for any help.

Formerly Traceyjs1975!
Message 1 of 64
63 REPLIES 63

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Of course if the phone is unlocked you get the best of both worlds, O2 and a Three P&G sim as backup.

Message 11 of 64

Harrysmum2008
  • 50 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks everyone.

@Martinthat's good!  I've just done a speed test and I've got 22.9 download and 4.51 upload which I think is pretty poor really!  I hope you're having a great time in Orlando.  We were there in May and other than it raining constantly for the second week we loved it.  It was the 4th time we've been and I feel quite sad we're not planning on going again now!

@CleoriffI'm good thanks, I hope things are good with you as well.

@jonsiethe phone is unlocked so that's another option.  Mind you, with the speeds I'm getting at home I might go elsewhere anyway!

Formerly Traceyjs1975!
Message 12 of 64

Andrew_H
  • 14 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

For what it's worth, I think people get too hung up on download speeds, for me it's more about experience; am I  able to do what I want to do, where I want to do it?  

22.9 Mbps download speed is actually pretty fast, Netflix recommend 5 Mbps if you want to stream HD video.  So you are way above that.  I get about 18Mbps at home which appears fine, I never have issues.

If you're not having issues with data today, then moving elsewhere to get 35Mbps or even 50Mbps won't actually make any difference to your experience.

Message 13 of 64

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

@Andrew_H

I agree with you re the speed, 

@Harrysmum2008

Speed is one thing but have low ping and constant speeds is another.

USA speeds vary just as U.K., 

USA 4G speed world ranking is much lower than U.K.  62nd by the last test done late 2017.

so don’t expect same speeds as U.K.  

the below are the 4 main carriers

it there are lots of little ones in USA as well.

Been 10 Times to Florida and once to Vegas,  I love America it self, 

always have fun using my mobile.  I can tell you places where at one side of the road you get one network full signal, the walk to other side and bam different network.

normaly AT&T to t-Mobile

Florida Mall is another place it changes, Jc penny entrance. 

A070C24C-0C24-4461-8B8F-B16136B22651.jpeg

765822F8-A0D1-4E74-A294-E5449A80EB66.jpeg

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 14 of 64

Martin
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Just to let you know we have had our data capped after reaching 200 Mb.
Now no data at all, unable to call CS due to the time difference so not happy, pretty sure being able to use your allowance abroad should mean more than 200Mb
Message 15 of 64

Cleoriff
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Martin wrote:
Just to let you know we have had our data capped after reaching 200 Mb.
Now no data at all, unable to call CS due to the time difference so not happy, pretty sure being able to use your allowance abroad should mean more than 200Mb

Quite ridiculous and answered here on your own thread @Martin

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Business-Customers/Inclusive-travel-zone-data-cap/m-p/1145712/highligh...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 64

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Nice info @darrengf.
Where did you get the graphs from out of interest? Would be interesting to see how the numbers change from 2017 to 2018 (and into 2019).

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 17 of 64

Andrew_H
  • 14 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Martin, it sounds like you are not on O2 Travel inclusive.

http://international.o2.co.uk/internationaltariffs/travelling_abroad

If you don't have O2 Travel then you will be capped at £48 per bill cycle (for 50MB) or £120 (for 200MB).

If you've been capped at 50MB (which was lifted after you spoke with Customer Service), and capped again at 200MB, it looks like this is what you are on.

Did you get a SMS when you landed in the States, what rates did you say you would be charged?

Message 18 of 64

Cleoriff
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Andrew_H wrote:

Martin, it sounds like you are not on O2 Travel inclusive.

http://international.o2.co.uk/internationaltariffs/travelling_abroad

If you don't have O2 Travel then you will be capped at £48 per bill cycle (for 50MB) or £120 (for 200MB).

If you've been capped at 50MB (which was lifted after you spoke with Customer Service), and capped again at 200MB, it looks like this is what you are on.

Did you get a SMS when you landed in the States, what rates did you say you would be charged?

@Martinstated quite clearly, on his own thread HERE that he WAS on O2 Travel Inclusive @Andrew_H.  CS did not inform him otherwise yesterday, so the advice has been given on the basis that he is.

Rather a mess whichever way you look at it.

Edited to add, this isn't the first thread where customer services tend to be a little confused about Travel Inclusive. slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 64

Martin
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Called CS 3 times this morning
My wife has now cancelled her contract due to this
No one has a clue what to do
CS have admitted they have no idea how much data we are using and unable to resolve this as its new and has teething problems. We have been in the USA 5 days and my phone shows I have used 210 Mb of mobile data in this period.
The last advisor told me I should get 200Mb of data per day then the speed is throttled so impied I am using this everyday.
They don't seem to believe I am not and as they can't see what I am using we are stalemate.
Also been told the 200Mb limit should refresh each day but still no data today after it went off yesterday.
Advice to anyone travelling take a three payg SIM as back up as this is just @#£&
Message 20 of 64