Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Increase Prices for Pre and Post 23rd January 2014 contracts

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

O2 have found a loophole around the OFCOM ruling it would seem and have announced an increase of 2.7% with effect from 1st March 2014 for ALL customers regardless of whether you signed up before or after the ruling came into effect.

Standard tariff customers will have their whole tariff increased by 2.7%. Refresh customers will have the airtime only element of their tariff increased by 2.7%. The handset element of refresh tariffs will be unchanged.

Details at http://www.o2.co.uk/desktop/prices

Also posted in the thread discussing the OFCOM ruling but I thought this merited its own thread too

Message 1 of 208
207 REPLIES 207

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would also point out that many of the regulars on here are talking about leaving o2. These are people that voluntarily spend much of their own time freely trawling though the variety of posts trying to help other o2 customers.

If this lot are looking to move then that does not bode well for the majority of the customer base that either don't use this or just dip in and out.

A wise move from o2 or a PR disaster. I have my opinion. .....

It shows o2 for what they really are. A company that must now be considered immoral and which cares not one jot for its customers.
Message 21 of 208

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

At the very least, the forum team will have to rethink the monthly community rewards. The free credit isn't going to be a lot of use if any of the regulars do jump ship

Message 22 of 208

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Davethorp

I certainly don't consider myself a regular, semi maybe. But I will be gone.
Message 23 of 208

Anonymous
Not applicable
How will cs handle all the extra calls when we are all gone
Message 24 of 208

a_hcir
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 133 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Absolutely disgusting behaviour from o2. They best ramp up some new call centres, I can almost sense the huge rush of users getting their PACs to go elsewhere. 

Unsure what I'm going to do. I've already blackballed the other major networks, but hate the idea of being forced into paying extra when only a couple of months into a new contract. Is anyone else planning on mailing in a formal rejection to the price hike, and would it likely be enforceable?

Message 25 of 208

Anonymous
Not applicable
We are looking at an e petition and a report to watchdog
Message 26 of 208

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144318 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
They have us over a barrel. The current contracts have the clause that says rpi price increases are likely and in the new contracts you have to sign to say that you agree to any possible rpi price increases - so stuffed either way if with O2.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 27 of 208

Anonymous
Not applicable
In other words time to move on
Message 28 of 208

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144318 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
In other words time to move on

If it no longer makes economic sense to the customer, yes 😞

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 29 of 208

Anonymous
Not applicable
My feel on this is that o2 will lost the moral argument and that the Court of Public Opinion may force a climb down on the issue of forcing new customers to agree to price increases.

What is the point of a regulator with no teeth?
Message 30 of 208