Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Increase Prices for Pre and Post 23rd January 2014 contracts

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

O2 have found a loophole around the OFCOM ruling it would seem and have announced an increase of 2.7% with effect from 1st March 2014 for ALL customers regardless of whether you signed up before or after the ruling came into effect.

Standard tariff customers will have their whole tariff increased by 2.7%. Refresh customers will have the airtime only element of their tariff increased by 2.7%. The handset element of refresh tariffs will be unchanged.

Details at http://www.o2.co.uk/desktop/prices

Also posted in the thread discussing the OFCOM ruling but I thought this merited its own thread too

Message 1 of 208
207 REPLIES 207

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was on hold 45 mins before I got through.
Message 201 of 208

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions
2 more people at work swapping from O2 since they got text advising them. They were actually going for a upgrade as they were due, but are getting Mac Codes instead.
Took me 55 Mins to get through to retentions and I know the person who answered it was from Customer Services as she had never done it before and had to find out on something.
Def PR Diaster this one as on news they said customers can cancel if networks increased etc, Then O2 does this.

I totally understand price rises, but I have a fixed tariff for electricity and gas and mobile phone contracts are sold the same way, fixed price for line rental every month etc. or this is how customers are lead to believe it.

O2 would have been better saying that new customers or upgrading customers would be getting a tariff increase each year and customer on pre contracts would carry on as normal until there due a upgrade.

Shame it's come to this as O2 once led mobile industry, this is a great oputuinity for the other networks to now get business.

All customers ask is we get a fair price, for a fair service and please don't take us for a ride.
Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 202 of 208

Anonymous
Not applicable
Taken for a ride is right.
I complained and today received an e-mail where they couldn't even spell. Rice instead of rise, intio instead of into. Pathetic. I, for one, would not stay with 02.
Message 203 of 208

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

I received an email in response to my first email of which just 11 words was actually relevant to the content of my email.

O2 are likely responding to any emails they get as quick as they possibly can, with copy and pasted scripted responses where possible

Message 204 of 208

Anonymous
Not applicable

PAC number obtained for my wife via Chat. The operator at the other end was on the verge of being rude in his attempts at retaining her business. I typed a special message to him explaining the facts of life. PAC received and she was gone in a matter of days to EE.

I will be next!

EE deal was a free iPhone 5s, £34.99 per month inc VAT, Unltd Calls and texts etc and 2gb inc tethering. Probably not available online, to everybody, but another good reason to leave O2.

Annoyingly, it was only when we were pushing for the PAC, that there was mention of improved O2 deals.

Eventually, he got the idea we were leaving because of company policies.

Message 205 of 208

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions
Another one of my friends gone to three on Friday. Took 25 mins to get through and the gentleman at the other end was extremely polite. Said we can always try to match other network deals. My friend said can you give me unlimited data and freeze my tariff like three said they will.
Guy at the other end just said I can't I'm really sorry and just sent him his PAC code.

My friends have been with O2 for years and spend a fair bit of money with them, but even they have said this was totally done under handed.

Like I said, I totally get price rises, it's just how it's been done
Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 206 of 208

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

No one is disputing the not very consumer friendly way O2 has handled this, but even Ofcom have said that the move is within the boundary. If the agent from O2 has said there's nothing they can do to price match, they are just doing what they've been told to do. At least your friend got his PAC and was able to move without any problem. As long as the coverage he will get from Three will suit him, it's the right thing to do.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 207 of 208

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thats the 2nd time they have done this to me, well never again, contract will be cancelled before next upgrade,
Well done o2, been a customer in excess of 10 years, doesnt seem like customer loyalty means anything to you.
Message 208 of 208