Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Level 1: Joiner

Number Port Not Working

Hi, I'm hoping somebody here can help.

I started a new contract on Tuesday and submitted an online form to move my number over from EE. Come Wednesday morning I still hadn't heard anything about the port, so I call customer service to confirm the form went through. I was informed that they had no record of the request and the guy on the phone said he would set it up for me and the request would be completed within 24 hours. Fine, annoying the form didn't work but as long as its ported I don't mind.

A good few hours pass and again, I've had no confirmation of the request via text or anything so I call 202 again and the lady on the phone confirms the request will be complete by 6pm, asks that I turn my phone on and off 3 or 4 times after 6.30pm.

I do the above, nothing happens. Leave it a few more hours, nothing. Leave it overnight, nothing.

Does anyone have any suggestions what it going wrong here? A number port shouldn't require this much chasing from the customer end. I need to port completing this week or I'm going to pass the expiry date on the PAC code for EE and will be charged for another month on a contract I'm not using.

Has anyone else had this issue? If calling customer service isn't resolving it I'm at a bit of a loss.
Topics: 529
Solutions: 11,012

Re: Number Port Not Working

If the request only went in yesterday it won't happen until today at the earliest but I'll ask @EmilieT to check on it for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)
Level 1: Joiner

Hi @MI5, thanks for the quick reply.

Sorry - both reps I spoke to definitely told me the port would go through yesterday. Would have held off on posting otherwise! Hopefully just a miscommunication and it all goes ahead today? Fingers crossed.
Community Manager

Good morning @Rayne, and sorry to hear your number port has caused you some worry worried

I can certainly get someone on my end to double check everything is in order if you'd like - I'll send you a Private Message shortly to get a few more details first!

Thanks @MI5 for the mention slight smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
iPhone 11 megathread! - Find out the latest info on the i Phone 11!
Priority gig tickets calendar - Check out the latest tickets available on Priority!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

@Rayne wrote:
Hi @MI5, thanks for the quick reply.

Sorry - both reps I spoke to definitely told me the port would go through yesterday. Would have held off on posting otherwise! Hopefully just a miscommunication and it all goes ahead today? Fingers crossed.

You'll learn that customer service tell customers what they want to hear rather than fact a lot of the time.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Topics: 0
Kudos: 25
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 0

Number porting has been unavailable over the weekend again for all UK network, this is becoming very regular.
Kindest Regards,
Andrew.
Samsung Galaxy S10+ on O2 UK
Nokia 1 Plus on O2 UK
Highlighted

Perfectly normal for O2. They never do it at weekends.

Currently using: