Did you mean: 

Number Port Not Working

Rayne
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, I'm hoping somebody here can help.

I started a new contract on Tuesday and submitted an online form to move my number over from EE. Come Wednesday morning I still hadn't heard anything about the port, so I call customer service to confirm the form went through. I was informed that they had no record of the request and the guy on the phone said he would set it up for me and the request would be completed within 24 hours. Fine, annoying the form didn't work but as long as its ported I don't mind.

A good few hours pass and again, I've had no confirmation of the request via text or anything so I call 202 again and the lady on the phone confirms the request will be complete by 6pm, asks that I turn my phone on and off 3 or 4 times after 6.30pm.

I do the above, nothing happens. Leave it a few more hours, nothing. Leave it overnight, nothing.

Does anyone have any suggestions what it going wrong here? A number port shouldn't require this much chasing from the customer end. I need to port completing this week or I'm going to pass the expiry date on the PAC code for EE and will be charged for another month on a contract I'm not using.

Has anyone else had this issue? If calling customer service isn't resolving it I'm at a bit of a loss.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
If the request only went in yesterday it won't happen until today at the earliest but I'll ask @EmilieT to check on it for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

Rayne
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi @MI5, thanks for the quick reply.

Sorry - both reps I spoke to definitely told me the port would go through yesterday. Would have held off on posting otherwise! Hopefully just a miscommunication and it all goes ahead today? Fingers crossed.
Message 3 of 9

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning @Rayne, and sorry to hear your number port has caused you some worry worried

I can certainly get someone on my end to double check everything is in order if you'd like - I'll send you a Private Message shortly to get a few more details first!

Thanks @MI5 for the mention slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 9

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Rayne wrote:
Hi @MI5, thanks for the quick reply.

Sorry - both reps I spoke to definitely told me the port would go through yesterday. Would have held off on posting otherwise! Hopefully just a miscommunication and it all goes ahead today? Fingers crossed.

You'll learn that customer service tell customers what they want to hear rather than fact a lot of the time.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 9

Foddersin
Level 3: Thinker
  • 68 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Number porting has been unavailable over the weekend again for all UK network, this is becoming very regular.
Kindest Regards,
Andrew.
Samsung Galaxy S10+ on O2 UK
Nokia 1 Plus on O2 UK
Message 6 of 9

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Perfectly normal for O2. They never do it at weekends.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 9

emma-1010
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
i ported my number from pay as go to paymonthly got pac come done it and said it would be 24hrs still 2 days later and nothing!!
Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@emma-1010 

You can't use a PAC for that.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/device-and-sim-support/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number

Switching your number from Pay As You Go to Pay Monthly

Fill in the keep my number form. You'll need your temporary Pay Monthly number from your O2 confirmation email or sim pack. We’ll transfer your number within one working day (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, excluding bank holidays). If we receive your code after 5pm, you’ll switch within two working days.

On the day of the switch, your Pay As You Go sim will lose signal. When this happens, put your Pay Monthly sim in your phone. If you don't have signal, switch your phone off and on every couple of hours until you get a signal. If you still don't have signal by 6pm, contact us.

Texts and picture messaging can take up to 24 hours to work after the switch.

If your Pay As You Go balance is under £350, it will be transferred to your Pay Monthly account when you receive your second bill. If you're entitled to a loyalty bonus, up to £550, we'll add credit to your fourth bill.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 9