cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New boy follow up

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, This a the follow up to the last O2 community team email. I followed up my threat and your advice and called in to the sheffield O2 people. Explained my problem, which changed from my original chat discussions and they helped getting my new mobile operational.

To go back to my discussion on the O2 community, My binatone 200 mobile phone broke down and could not get it back to life. Decided to upgrade to a new mobile Binatone SM300 GSM. In getting it operational I did a number of O2 chat line runs answering their questions but hit a brick wall, had no luck. Decided to go into town today and seek for advice from O2 sheffield outlet. Picked  up the 2 phones.For the hell of it pressed the  Binatone 200  buttons, guess what, it decided to become active.Made a couple of phone calls with it found that it was operational on my O2 account. I decided that I still wanted the new mobile operational.

I gave them details as above and asked them if it was possiable with my O2 account be able to have two phone number. They tried but it refused two mobile numbers on one account. They suggested to open another O2 account , so now I have ended up with two mobile operational.My old mobile with £32 credit and the new one topped up to get it mobile.

Got home checked my O2 account to see if things changed. It still displayed my original account details. Maybe it takes a while for O2 to change my new account details? So I am still up in the air regarding my position. Hope my black old mobile 200 lasts out my account credit.Get on learning how to work my White SM 300 GSM.

It has been an interesting experiece, like Alice in wonderland. Take care.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

I'm glad to hear you took the advice of going to your local store, but I'm still a little confused with your story. Are the two numbers you have on the two phones both Pay As You Go accounts?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for your update.

An O2 contract and Payg account only allow one working number per SIM card. So a person cannot have two SIM cards which hold the same mobile number on it.

Take care.
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes

Message 4 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Glad you stuck with it slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes

@Anonymous is your yes in reply to my question?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, The message below gives backgound asking for advice and help. I have come a long way but if anyone can explain how to finish and complete clear my queries.

I am now able to operate 2 mobile phones with seperate phone numbers. I can view my original account showing all my details only of my number on my old mobile. Going to the O2 shop in town they tried to incorperate it into my running account but did not suceed. They then created a new account and mobile number and is operational. I tried to register the new phone but refused to complete but when I went to top-up, pay and go,against the new mobile phone number It transfered credit to it.

My Query,hope it is my last one, I tried to incorperate the new phone into my account with no success how does one marry 2 phone numbers into my running account or how can one create another account? It will not matter if there is no answer to it. Got both phones working can top up on line when money is low. Thought I would have a last go for advice from the patient community members who treated my problems kindly.

Take care.

Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable