Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating number from PAYG to PAYM but service immediately lost

valeriecherish
Level 1: Joiner
  • 17 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello, hoping someone can advise. I have had a bit of a nightmare trying to transfer my PAYG sim to Pay Monthly.

For background, last week I moved my Giffgaff number to O2 PAYG but changed my mind and wanted to move to a Pay Monthly plan (I had misunderstood that the PAYG rolling plans including roaming in Canada where I will be for a long visit soon).

Anyway - I have had several calls with O2 to try and migrate my number to the new PAYM sim card but passed around as they said I was a 'legacy' number, I'm not sure why as I haven't been on O2 before (literally only a few days!)

This morning someone eventually said they had completed the form to migrate the number and it would take 24-48 hours. However, about 10 minutes after I hung up, my current PAYG sim card (e.g the number I want to keep) disconnected so I can't make calls/texts. It has not migrated to the new Pay Monthly SIM. 

Has something gone wrong or is this just the normal process? I was under the impression there would only be a few minutes between the old sim disconnecting and the number appearing on the new sim, but does this suggest I'll be without service for 24-48 hours? Could it have just started almost-instantly or is that too much positive thinking on my part?

Thanks

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 791 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @MI5 

@valeriecherish I'm glad to hear this has now been sorted 😁

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits