cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contacting Voicemail 901 doesn't work & Is Contacting Customer Service Free?

Classicus
Level 3: Thinker
  • 31 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello.

I use O2 from Saudi Arabia.  I get numerous notifgications about voicemail. However when I contact 901 the line is immediately disconnected.  I don't hear anything.

My balance was £8.50. I contacted Customer Service to explain the situation.  The lady told me that this call is FREE and spent 3 minutes trying to sort it out without success.  A notification was displayed stating that my balance is low.  Another notification shortly afterward said your balance is £0.00.

What is happening, please?  
1. Is it free to contact Customer Service 4445?
2. How can I contact Voicemail to listen to messages?

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146101 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28151 Solutions

@Classicus 

See guide here Guide: All you need to know about O2 Voicemail 901 

Call charges are here https://www.o2.co.uk/international/using-your-phone-abroad 

Calling O2 on +44 7860 980 202 is free from abroad.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 146101 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28151 Solutions

@Classicus 

See guide here Guide: All you need to know about O2 Voicemail 901 

Call charges are here https://www.o2.co.uk/international/using-your-phone-abroad 

Calling O2 on +44 7860 980 202 is free from abroad.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 8

Classicus
  • 31 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

MI5,
Thank you for your previous reply.  Two points:-

1) Calling O2 on +44 7860 980 202 is * NOT * free.

2) The links you suggested are useful but they contain a whole jungle of information.  I am still struggling with "voicemail". 

A simple question, please:   Is calling Customer Service on o2 0445 free or not?

Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 146101 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28151 Solutions

@Classicus 

Simple answer is yes

4445 is free if it connects from abroad.

+44 7860 980 202 is free from your O2 phone only.

Message 4 of 8

Classicus
  • 31 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

MI5,
Thank you for your response.  I appreciate your help. 
However, when I try +44 7860 980 202 via O2, I hear a message about topping up!

Message 5 of 8

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7008 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1573 Solutions

Regretfully, leaving your answerphone connected while in Saudi is a costly mistake as you are going to pay for any calls returned there whether a message is left or not.

Although the O2 numbers quoted are free you may not be able to call them if your balance is zero

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 146101 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28151 Solutions

Image 08-06-2024 at 14.57.jpeg

Message 7 of 8

Classicus
  • 31 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Enlli.
Thanks for your input.
Actually I haven't received any calls.  To test Voicemail, I phoned my UK number from a local phone and left a message.  I have since tried many times to dial 901 to see how it works.  Immediately after 901 is dialed the line gets disconnected and I didn't get to press * or whatever.  I have been receiving "Alerting Notifications" several times on a daily basis.  To stop these notifications, I need to dial 901, listen to the message I left and then delete it.
So, I can neither dial 901 nor stop the notifications.  The balance is sufficient.

There is no wish to prolong this inquiry.  Apologies for bothering you with this.

Message 8 of 8