Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving o2

blissgirl
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 7460 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Hi I'm new here and I was wondering if you can help me my contract with o2 ends at the end of next month & I'm thinking of leaving o2 (but what I want to know is are there any hidden fees for if i decide to cancel early?)

iPhone 15 plus 128Gb light pink & Apple watch series 9 pink (Celluar all with Vodafone slight_smile
Message 1 of 81
80 REPLIES 80

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144834 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27774 Solutions
It's very intuitive once you get used to it - I don't know why all phablets and tablets don't come with a pen input tool - so much easier and convenient slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 71 of 81

blissgirl
  • 7460 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
got my number ported over but funny thing is all my contact i had on old phone arent showing is this normal?
iPhone 15 plus 128Gb light pink & Apple watch series 9 pink (Celluar all with Vodafone slight_smile
Message 72 of 81

Cleoriff
  • 123277 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

Were your contacts backed up on the phone via Gmail or similar? If you have had a new sim and your existing contacts were only saved to old sim you will have lost them.....?

Not sure if @jonsie or @MI5  can help you recover them? I know you now have a Note 4. Both members I have called have this phone wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 73 of 81

MI5
  • 144834 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27774 Solutions
Remind me what phone you had before and where you had the numbers stored.
A number port won't transfer contacts from a sim card so they need to be on a cloud, ie Google or iCloud and them import them.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 74 of 81

blissgirl
  • 7460 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
I had a samsung galaxy s3 mini and all the contacts were stored on the sim card
Message 75 of 81

MI5
  • 144834 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27774 Solutions
Had or still have it?
You will also need your old sim card too.

Currently using:
Message 76 of 81

blissgirl
  • 7460 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
still have phone & sim card
Message 77 of 81

Cleoriff
  • 123277 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Had or still have it?
You will also need your old sim card too.

As I thought...:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 78 of 81

MI5
  • 144834 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27774 Solutions
OK, good.
So you need to have old sim in the old phone and the old phone still needs to be logged into Google with your Google account.
Go into the contacts app and copy all sim contacts to Phone (Chose the import from sim card option).
Then go to main phone settings >Accounts and tap on your Google account. On the next page choose to sync contacts and it will back them all up to your account and you will see them all here https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?tab=wm#contacts
Once they are on Google they will auto sync to the new phone when you sign into your Google account.

Currently using:
Message 79 of 81

blissgirl
  • 7460 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
thanks for that @MI15 much appreciated just thought they would be on new phone once number was ported over
Message 80 of 81