Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving o2

blissgirl
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 7281 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Hi I'm new here and I was wondering if you can help me my contract with o2 ends at the end of next month & I'm thinking of leaving o2 (but what I want to know is are there any hidden fees for if i decide to cancel early?)

iPhone 15 plus 128Gb light pink (with Vodafone) slight_smile
Message 1 of 81
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93246 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

The easy answer is just call 202 and give 30 days notice to end your contract. A final bill will be produced. Don't cancel your direct debit until the final bill has been paid.

View solution in original post

Message 41 of 81
80 REPLIES 80

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23080 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

If you want to keep your number, call Customer Service on 202 from your mobile and ask for your PAC (Porting Authorisation Code). When you give your PAC to your new provider, that will automatically cancel your contract and a final bill will be raised. Don't cancel your Direct Debit until that final bill is taken. There will be no other hidden fees.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 81

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anonymous
Not applicable
Alternatively if you don't want to keep your number you will need to contact Customer Service on 202, and speak to retentions to give your 30 days notice. Please do not assume your contract ends at the end of month 24. You must give notice or request and use the PAC as suggested by Bambino
Message 4 of 81

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you are thinking of changing network please please please DO NOT rely on online Coverage Checkers. They are notoriously unreliable. Best way to check out a new network is to ask for free payg sim cards and try them in the areas you need it most.

If your device is locked to o2 you can unlock it for free whilst a contract customer. Call CS and ask for the unlocking code. Takes about 5 working days.
Message 5 of 81

blissgirl
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 7281 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

I dont want to keep my number does that make any difference to cancelling ?

iPhone 15 plus 128Gb light pink (with Vodafone) slight_smile
Message 6 of 81

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144383 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@blissgirl wrote:

I would still advise you get your PAC and port your number to another networks PAYG sim. This is the only 100% way to be sure your contract has ended.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 81

Anonymous
Not applicable
No but you must give 30 days notice and as Bambino has said please do not cancel your direct debit until all final payments have been collected.

O2 have a poor record if a small balance is unpaid at the end of a contract including issuing default notices which appear not to arrive and then effectively destroying credit ratings. I don't want to unnerve you but we have had people on here who have been declined for mortgages over a £12 o2 end of contract default. So please leave the dd in place until you are sure the account is cleared.
Message 8 of 81

Anonymous
Not applicable

@blissgirl wrote:

Short answer is -> No it does not. 

Message 9 of 81

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23080 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@blissgirl wrote:

I would still advise you get your PAC and port your number to another networks PAYG sim. This is the only 100% way to be sure your contract has ended.

I agree with MI5, and piperdog123's reply is also valid. In those respects it does make a difference.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 10 of 81