Did you mean: 

Wanting to leave O2 within 30-days of a new 12-month contract

Hazzer_000
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all,

I switched from another network to O2 on the 16th April 2024 (last month).

I got an eSim. I activated it, and my number transferred over the very next day on the 17th.

I chose 15GB for £7.99/month. I am aware that I'm past the 14 day 'cooling down' period (or Change-Your-Mind period as O2 call it),

but I am still under 30 days of my contract at the time of writing (10th May 2024).
I had no issues with the network, so I didn't need to switch in these 14 days.
After those 14 days, everything got worse. Phone calls are all wobbly, the signal drops out consistently, and the data speeds are ridiculously slow.
I'd like to go back to my old network. Is it possible to leave without any fees being applied, as I'm still under a month.
Thanks

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23869 Posts
  • 1042 Topics
  • 3765 Solutions

@Hazzer_000 This is a customer community and we have no access to account information, but I'm fairly certain that as you've passed the 14 day cooling off period you're out of luck, as per this page:

Returning your device | Help & Support | O2

And the paragraph that I think pertains to you:

If you’ve taken out a sim only contract in store, over the phone or online, you can change your mind within 14 days of receiving your order. If you do want to cancel your agreement, get in touch to let us know and we’ll get it sorted. We won’t ask you to return your sim, all you need to do is cut the sim in half once it’s stopped working.
We’ll give you back all the payments you’ve made, apart from any buy-out fee from your previous contract or any express delivery charges. You also have to pay any usage charges you’ve had in that time.

How to find help & contact O2: A Guide - O2 Community

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 3

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7719 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1640 Solutions

If it was OK to begin with the have a look at these

Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

Guide: Is the network down for me or everyone? 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 3