Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep my number

ITFCJosh
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 18 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi there everyone my girlfriend just got an Iphone SE 2020 64GB red 24 Month contract Mobilephonesdirect (Arrived Yesterday) 

She has an old contract with Tesco and wants to transfer her number over to o2... (Has Tesco Pac Code)

I whatsapp video called her (today/yesterday) to try sort it out.

she has Dysliecia and kept getting confused with how to transfer number yesterterday.. So today she filled the fourm out best she could (Tried to ring them earlier but took ages to answer and got confused with what the agent was saying) she got text message 4 mins after submited fourm saying checks have failed as we forgot Long 13 diget sim card numeber I think...

So I filled fourm on her behalf 2nd time and we put all the right info in she gave me and it said fourm submitted. 

When will we recive text or email to say it gone through?? it been about 30 mins so far and heard nothing 

Did we do the process right or will we have to ring up hope not as she will get stressed out as want it sorted 

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

Kaykay67
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi did you manage to keep your girlfriend number, I have filled the form out 3 times, every time I get an email saying failed as something was wrong. So have not managed to keep my old number, and can’t speak to anyone either???
Message 2 of 28

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@ITFCJosh 

Sounds like you did ok.

The form will be processed manually and a text will be sent to her old SIM confirming the changeover, but as ports don't happen over the weekend it will probably be Tuesday or Wednesday before it happens. 

More info here https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 28

ITFCJosh
  • 18 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks for the info she got a message saying it will happen on the 18th so all good...

will help her with rest of Iphone later on 

Message 4 of 28

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Kaykay67 

You need to call O2 then choose any of the options, fraud etc
Everything is taking longer due to the lockdown. Call centres and social distancing means limited staff to handle all the queries. Patience needed I'm afraid.
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Coronavirus-Covid-19-Community-Help-and-Su...
The best number to get through seems to be
0800 587 4005

Message 5 of 28

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Well done getting this sorted @ITFCJosh. Your girlfriend will know when the port begins when she loses service on her Tesco sim. Ports are running much slower than normal, so she'll need to be patient and not panic. She'll need to reboot the new phone every so often until the port completes. Text messages are usually the last to be enabled.

@Kaykay67 If you've still not been able to get your port sorted you'll have to contact customer service. All numbers available are in the link below. Other posts have said that 0800 587 4005 is a good number to try first.

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 28

ITFCJosh
  • 18 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Bambino thanks mate 

On Monday morning she will loosing signal on tesco sim and iphone gotta restart every 30 mins or so to get the Signal and should be done by 6pm so all good for now

@Kaykay67 You need to put in

1st page your Contact Number (Old one) Email name (First and last) 

2nd page security details should be 2 digets from your passcode for online website or when you ring up

3rd page You will need new number, Number you wanna transfer (Old number) Pac Code (From old provider) and O2 sim number should be 13 numbers/digets long 

Message 7 of 28

Kaykay67
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks guys, I just managed to do it using my iPad, as half the form was missing on my phone lol know wonder it wasn’t going through. Thanks so much for helping me, appreciate it. But will definitely keep them numbers safe, just incase 😊
Message 8 of 28

ITFCJosh
  • 18 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Glad you sorted it mate should be all done by tuesday as it was after 5.30 pm 

make sure on day of transfer u keep restarting your phone every 30 mins or so till you get signal 

Message 9 of 28

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions