Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade data query.

Upgradeoptions
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi. I’m wanting to upgrade to an iPhone 11 128gb. The minimum data on the options I can select for that is 5G. However I don’t need that much data and want to make my monthly airtime payment as small as possible.
Does anyone know how it is possible that I can continue on my current airtime plan of 2G of data when ordering the new iPhone?
Thanks
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Upgradeoptions 

The only way is to buy the phone outright.

If choosing a new phone on refresh, you have to choose from the data options given.

A different phone may allow you a smaller data package though.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Upgradeoptions 

The only way is to buy the phone outright.

If choosing a new phone on refresh, you have to choose from the data options given.

A different phone may allow you a smaller data package though.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

Upgradeoptions
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ah thanks very much for that. Yes the smaller iphone 11 offers a 1G data allowance, but I want the bigger phone and 2G of allowance. 
I'll weigh up if I want to buy the phone outright then to reduce my airtime or not. 
So I will be able to just carry on with my plan if I buy a new phone from apple, so you think? Just swap the sim?

thanks

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Upgradeoptions wrote:

So I will be able to just carry on with my plan if I buy a new phone from apple, so you think? Just swap the sim?

thanks

Yes, you can do that @Upgradeoptions 

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4