Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue Redeeming Free Screen Replacement

ConorC
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Has anyone had any issues with redeeming free screen replacement?

I was contacted about an upgrade a year ago and chose to stay with o2 rather than leave as I got a free screen replacement and the 1 year upgrade.

But after trying to redeem I'm told there's nothing on my account about being entitled to the replacement.

Has this happened to anyone else and if so what did you do??
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146995 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28265 Solutions

Indeed @Anonymous I suspect the same. 

It may not have been O2 that called you @ConorC ?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 11 of 23

ConorC
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
They said it was o2 and I have all the other benefits I would have as you get through dealing with o2 directly.

But if this was the case, how can they tell someone they are entitled to something they know I wouldn't be?
Message 12 of 23

jonsie
  • 93287 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

MI5
  • 146995 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28265 Solutions

@ConorC wrote:
They said it was o2 and I have all the other benefits I would have as you get through dealing with o2 directly.

But if this was the case, how can they tell someone they are entitled to something they know I wouldn't be?

They will say anything to get the sale and leave it to the customer to deal with the fall out!

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 14 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

These trusted partners always say they are O2 when in fact they are not. I have a nasty suspicion that these people have put you on a business contract which Is there MO

Message 15 of 23

ConorC
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Ah well that sounds like it is probably the case. I definently won't be staying with o2. If they do business with partners that do that. Cheers
Message 16 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your very welcome but it may be a hefty fee to get out of the contract as they don’t have cooling off periods I believe like consumer accounts do

Message 17 of 23

MI5
  • 146995 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28265 Solutions
I'd still call customer services and plead my case. You never know.......
Message 18 of 23

ConorC
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I'll stay until the end of contract then I'll leave. I've phoned customer service and they won't do anything for me. So be it!

Appreciate the replies
Message 19 of 23

MI5
  • 146995 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28265 Solutions
Sorry to hear that mate.
Best wishes.
Message 20 of 23