cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade, wrong phone received nightmare..

MH1812
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there.. I'm having a bit of a nightmare with this problem:

.As my phone had a broken screen that I could not use, on 30.04.24 I called O2 to upgrade from my iPhone 13pro to an iPhone 15pro.

.I ordered an iPhone 15pro 256gb white titanium and a case, screen protector accesories.

.On 03.05.24 the package arrived - a Samsung A15 with my iPhone accesories.

.I called o2 immediatly to initiate the return of the 'Samsung' phone. They told me to sit tight, a DHL guy would arrive soon with a Jiffy bag to put the Samsung phone in and my new iPhone replacement.

.A few days passed, nothing..

.I called again, this time they tell me the Jiffy bag could be 5 working days to process.

.10 days pass, nothing. 

.Looking back through my email I see an email from O2 on 03.05 (the same day I opened the return) with a shipping label to return the 'iPhone 15pro' - I had been waiting on Jiffy bag and a new phone to arrive.

.I figure they are waiting on the Samsung phone back before they will send my iPhone15pro, so on 13.05 I send back the Samsung with their label. 

.They recieve the Samsung back on 16.05. 

.In the meantime I have no access to my current phone as the screen is damaged, so I put it in for repair and I get it back the next day, fixed.

.I figure there is no longer any point waiting for the new iPhone15pro to come around I just cancelled the return/order in MyO2.

.A few days pass and MyO2 still says I have an iPhone15pro.. and my current tarrif, I'm paying for an iPhone15pro..

.I call o2 again, they aknowleged receipt of the samsung, and they say they cannot reconnect my old iPhone13pro to my new tarriff so I should just continue with the upgrade for the iPhone15pro.  I say ok, lets do it. 

.I'm currently waiting on an iPhone15pro, it was ordered on 22.05, however in 'MyO2, my orders' this order shows as a return/replacement and I have an email from O2 with a label asking telling me to return the iPhone15pro (that I don't have).

What is going on, is O2 waiting on me sending back a phone that I dont have before they dispatch my new one? 

I feel I'm getting nowhere with customer servies, I get conflicting information each time I call. I just want the iPhone I'm paying for!

Is they any advice or anyone who can help me with this? 

Thanks for reading.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146002 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28089 Solutions

@MH1812 

You need to ask O2 Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 8

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7150 Posts
  • 136 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@MH1812 

Unfortunately, this is a customer to customer community so we cannot access your account or offer direct help to resolve your problem. As @MI5 has indicated, you will need to contact O2.

I personally would be inclined to message O2 on social media :-

Facebook : https://o2uk.co/O2CFB

X (previously known as Twitter) : https://o2uk.co/O2CTW

Instagram : https://o2uk.co/O2CIG

The social media team are UK-based and have a strong reputation for solving problems. 

Please let us know the outcome. 👍

Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 146002 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28089 Solutions

Which is, of course, why those details are included in the guide which hopefully has been read and digested by @MH1812 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 8

Oxonian
  • 7150 Posts
  • 136 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

Which is, of course, why those details are included in the guide which hopefully has been read and digested by @MH1812 

Agreed @MI5 ; but I was merely giving to @MH1812 my personal opinion as to what might the most effective way of contacting O2 in the circumstances ! 👍

Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 146002 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28089 Solutions

Invaluable I'm sure

Message 6 of 8

Oxonian
  • 7150 Posts
  • 136 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

Invaluable I'm sure

So pleased that you agree @MI5 ! 😀

Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 146002 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28089 Solutions

🙄

Message 8 of 8