cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hope O2 Stays The Best

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everyone and I would just like to say O2 has always been so helpful even thou my signal is giving me an issue they are trying to sort it out and have always called me up to check up on how my signal issue is getting on...I remember when I was with T-mobile it was a nightmare customer service on the phone where really horrible and they only cared and bout money..where O2 always have put customers first I don't know why people always say O2 is expensive and don't offer uimited data but they always have had a good customer service and there speed is better than rest of the networks I've tried to tell u guys the truth...I remember going into EE store and they called security on me because they had pissed me off so bad unhelpfully EE staff members and phone line ppl are really rude ...All I wanted was a sim card replaced that's all what they did was get a phone called customer service and I had forgot my password but I provided them with my address my date of birth and other security things that I know only and the EE customer service adviser was like sorry I can't help u ....I was like omg that's it I've had enough and started arguing with them and they still did not help me I ended up paying them like 145 for something I didn't use ....how dare ppl say O2 is not good in my life time I've used O2 for about 7 years they have always been very helpful ..... slight_smile
Message 1 of 60
59 REPLIES 59

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello

And Good morning

@Anonymous an @Anonymous how r u both doing today?..just got up its raining really hard today lol. ..to tell u guys the truth I'm type of person who is always using the Internet so I use up alot of data in a month I was with 3 network because of there all u can it data that's the only reason why but I left recently due to when ever I used it between 3 pm till 12 midnight ....It would be really slow I don't know why like download speed would be 0.10mbps and upload speed 1.50mbps I couldn't watch a youtube video by it stopping and loading like 8 to 10 times so I got really fed it even thou my signals were full at those times I couldn't use the internet because we're I live in the e11 area their masts are over congestive too many ppl using it I guess and plus they do that traffic management were speed slow down really slow and I mean really slow....
Message 21 of 60

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @lifeishard

For me I live in a rural community with a major town just 4 miles away. So in theory congestion shouldn't be an issue although one of the 4 transmitters in the town has been marked as congested since October. O2 have told me the mast has been approved for upgrade just don't know when.

I also had a similar issue re traffic management with Sky (connect) broadband. Daytime 7mb evening 0.1mb. Sky blamed BT Openreach who in turn blamed Sky for traffic management. So changed to BT Retail and get 7mb day and night. Mmmmm.

Mind you in 8 days time I get 80mb fibre optics. Bring it on! !!!
Message 22 of 60

Anonymous
Not applicable
Top of the morning @Anonymous

I'm good thank you.

It's been raining here but has stopped (for now)

I also am a heavy user for blogs YouTube , imbd and forums use.

Alternatives such as GiffGaff £12 goody bags for unlimited 3G data is an interest as it's owned by Telefonica and runs off its masts.

I usually get through 2gb of data per month but use a lot more on free city centre wifi and home wifi.

I'm with Bt fibre optic which gives me approx 40mbps download and with O2 4G typically achieving 50mbps download (yes quicker than my home broadband). slight_smile
Message 23 of 60

Anonymous
Not applicable
Wow 80mbps woooooo that's fast man...I've just don't speed check with my 3 sim I gave it 2 my brother it's speeds as follow and the time is 9 am download speed 14.24mbps upload is 2.02mbps ...soo I bet u if I use it at 1 pm or 3 pm it drops to 0.10mbps I don't understand why lol @Anonymous
Message 24 of 60

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh ok that's good hope rain stops here ...The only problem currently I'm having with O2 is signal which they are trying to sort out for me....I wish O2 get like 20gb data allowance a month lol were i'm at e11 postcode giffgaff and o2 don't have good signals I dunno why but tmobile and 3 are full signals I left them both because t mobile capped it's speeds and customer service was s*** were 3 network full signals but really slow oooo internet and bad customer service aswell...
Message 25 of 60

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 4g giving 50mbs is fantastic although how long will that last as more people sign up I wonder?

But for now that is awesome
Message 26 of 60

Anonymous
Not applicable
It is and tbh I ran a couple of different speeds tests with different software including the one in MYNETWORK App and all came back pretty much the same ! Ate up a bit of my data allowance but was worth it.

I certainly feel the difference when commuting and my connection drops to 3G ! Think I'm spoilt now.
Message 27 of 60

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well I hope you get your connection sorted out sooner than later @Anonymous

Frustrating times !

😞
Message 28 of 60

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah me to so I got another contract on the side when signals go off and ppl call it goes to voicemail at times even the O2 cs called me and it went to voicemail haha lol they like don't u use ur phone I replied I do but signals drop lol hopefully they can sort it out.. @Anonymous
Message 29 of 60

Anonymous
Not applicable
I know this might be a ridiculous question but is there anyway I can check if a mast is over congestive ? @Anonymous and @Anonymous
Message 30 of 60