cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Play rewards

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi
I've just upgraded my phone and part of the package was £10 Google play reward. Can anyone confirm how I receive this? My parcel arrived today and says it should have a Google play leaflet in it but it doesn't 😞 Does this mean I'm missing a code to redeem, or does it get credited via my bill? Thanks
Message 1 of 152
151 REPLIES 151

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Sorry, "best of Android"
Message 51 of 152

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
This'll also be why @Cairdeas is still waiting, she had to call to upgrade as she was clearing an old device plan..
Message 52 of 152

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi , just recieved a text from o2 with a link to o2 priority to claim £50 google play credit , so googled it to check it was a legit text.

I had bought my mobile deal with mobiles.co.uk , no mention of the free google credit offer so was a nice surpirse. got my handsent about 2 week ago , so about 2 week for this text to arrive to claim the credit 🙂

Also...

How did this ^^^^^^ happen if those terms are followed? 

Message 53 of 152

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144409 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
The whole company is falling apart from every possible angle these days.
They can't run a website / promotion / online ordering system / black friday deal / CS or anything else that every other network seems to be able to get right either !
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 54 of 152

Cleoriff
  • 122949 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Also @viridis if I remember correctly you had to jump through a few hoops for your Z5P If I remember they generated a special code for you to order when it was still showing as unavailable on the shop pages...therefore logic says you must have been one of the very first to order....so why are you waiting...??

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 55 of 152

MI5
  • 144409 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

so why are you waiting...??

Because the T&C's state online orders are excluded.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 56 of 152

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Yes, I had to wait on phone for them to create an upgrade SKU to put it through.
And I don't know why I'm waiting, probably because I used the phone as the website would not allow Z5P as an upgrade....
Message 57 of 152

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

so why are you waiting...??

Because the T&C's state online orders are excluded.

Nope, online and retail only, telesales are excluded, and 9/10 you have to call to upgrade if paying off device plan or the phone you want isn't listed online as it's a preorder.

As I said tho, none of these terms were linked to or visible when I bought it, or any other Handset.

Message 58 of 152

Anonymous
Not applicable

i ordered my nexus 6p at 8:01 on release day the 29th 

unless there was in excess of a 1000 people ordering one just before me then i should get a voucher 

i highly doubt it though 

Message 59 of 152

MI5
  • 144409 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@viridis wrote:

Nope, online and retail only, telesales are excluded,  

So yours would be a telesale then?

Currently using:
Message 60 of 152