cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Play rewards

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi
I've just upgraded my phone and part of the package was £10 Google play reward. Can anyone confirm how I receive this? My parcel arrived today and says it should have a Google play leaflet in it but it doesn't 😞 Does this mean I'm missing a code to redeem, or does it get credited via my bill? Thanks
Message 1 of 152
151 REPLIES 151

Anonymous
Not applicable
Pm sent
Message 41 of 152

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys, below is some info to make sure you're aware of and that you're definitely eligible for the code

-          If it’s a £50 voucher for buying an S6, S6 Edge, S6+, HTC One M9, HTC One A9, Sony Z5, Z5 Compact, Z5 Premium, LG Nexus 5x or a Huawei 6p, this arrives in your O2 Priority app within 14 days after the cooling off period ends. Full terms/details

-          If it’s the Samsung £10 promo for buying an S4 Mini, A3 or Core Prime, the customer needs to register on Samsungs promotions site. Link and full terms/details

Just so that you are aware guys, these vouchers are stocked on a first-come first-serve basis, so take a look and claim if you’re eligible. If you are eligible but are still having issues, let me know.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 42 of 152

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

@Toby wrote:

Hi guys, below is some info to make sure you're aware of and that you're definitely eligible for the code

-          If it’s a £50 voucher for buying an S6, S6 Edge, S6+, HTC One M9, HTC One A9, Sony Z5, Z5 Compact, Z5 Premium, LG Nexus 5x or a Huawei 6p, this arrives in your O2 Priority app within 14 days after the cooling off period ends. Full terms/details

-          If it’s the Samsung £10 promo for buying an S4 Mini, A3 or Core Prime, the customer needs to register on Samsungs promotions site. Link and full terms/details

Just so that you are aware guys, these vouchers are stocked on a first-come first-serve basis, so take a look and claim if you’re eligible. If you are eligible but are still having issues, let me know.

Just a quick q Toby

How can we claim on a first come basis if the £50 code is automatically sent out?

Message 43 of 152

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
and in addition the the Q posted by viridis, how do customers know if there are any vouchers left?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 44 of 152

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

Just read those terms (which have only recently been put online)..

1. Vouchers are limited in stock and subject to availability on each Eligible Handset as follows:
    1. Sony Z5, Z5 compact and Z5 premium - 3,800
    2. Samsung Galaxy S6, S6 Edge and S6 Edge+  -26,667
    3. HTC One A9  -  4,000
    4. LG Nexus 5x -  1770
    5. Huawei 6P - 1778
  2.  Entitlement to Vouchers will be a first come first serve basis and once the number of vouchers associated with each Eligible Handset has been redeemed by Customers then no further Voucher will be available for that Eligible Handset.

your gonna have a problem. The z5 premium was only available by calling up to upgrade as a code had to be made to allow the purchase.

As far as I'm concerned, my phone was advertised with a £50 Google play voucher and I'm going to get one.

There were NO terms and conditions on the product pages and as such no one knew anything about limited quantities.

Sorry Toby, but this sucks...

Message 45 of 152

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Refer to page 1 of this thread and lack of terms info...
Message 46 of 152

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @viridis, let me know talk to the team

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 47 of 152

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
The other thing of course being the z5 premium being released a month and a half after the other Z5 models, yet all three in the same first come first serve pot.
Message 48 of 152

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122922 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Oh dear.....making up the terms and conditions after they have launched the product??

Looks like they have seen the demand and moved the goal posts. After todays fiasco with the Black Friday 'price crash'  this is something else for customers to get angry about  slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 49 of 152

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
The T&C may have been there before @Cleoriff but they weren't linked to on the product pages I saw. Only this evening have I personally seen it named as "best of Google" by following tobys link.
Message 50 of 152