cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Foreign Call charged to my account but I didn't make the call. Anybody else had this happen plz?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, just had my monthly bill in and there is a call to Gibraltar on it that I did not make. Nobody else can access my phone, I have no connection to Gibraltar and no such number exists in call history. I know exactly where I was and what I was doing on the day the call is logged and I know I didn't call that number.

o2 are looking into it and it may take up to 5 working days. I'm concerned that this may happen again and that the calls may cost me hundreds of pounds so I've requested an international call ban until I get to the bottom of it.

Been with o2 for 15 years and never had this before.

Has anybody else had this happen to them please? I have not called back a missed call or replied to a suspicious text etc.

Thanks.

Victoria.

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144541 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions
Sometimes an app can place a call without you being aware but the investigation should get to the bottom of your mystery.
Have you Googled the number to see if it's a common complaint?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 35

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
A fee customers have had this happen to them but the investigation by O2 should make it clear what has happened. Is your number linked to any social media pages?
Message 3 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, thanks for both replies.

I've found nothing searching the number on google and adding scam and fraud onto the search. The number is 00351211112346.

The number must be asociated to FB as it suggests friends that are on my FB account not my email address account however I don't hae any friends on FB and I don't use the call facillity it offers on messenger.

The charge on one call isn't bd at £13.29 but I want to ensure it doesn't happen again.

Thanks,

Victoria.

Message 4 of 35

MI5
  • 144541 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions
A mystery for sure but let us know what the investigation reveals please.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 35

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Anonymous That number is associated with Barclays Bank Lisbon

http://www.bancosdeportugal.info/barclays/

It's the number when calling from outside of Portugal

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 6 of 35

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Strange indeed but explains the high cost being an international number. Let us know how you get on.
Message 7 of 35

Beenherebefore
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

To me it looks like Barclays Telephone Banking number......perhaps @Anonymous has a holiday home on the Algarve ? 

Message 8 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

I wish I had a holiday home in Portugal! The only Portuguese connection I have is a liking of a glass of port at Xmas!

Thanks for finding out the owner of the number. It still doesn't make sense. Oddly I was in Barclays at the time of the call but in Scotland. No one can use my phone as it needs my finger print and Barclays staff would pick up a desk phone not my mobile which would be in my handbag. It's really odd.

I will report back on the investigation findings. Thanks for all your help slight_smile

Message 9 of 35

Beenherebefore
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Oddly I was in Barclays at the time of the call but in Scotland.

Another reason for Scotland following the Brexit route LOL

Message 10 of 35