cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Foreign Call charged to my account but I didn't make the call. Anybody else had this happen plz?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, just had my monthly bill in and there is a call to Gibraltar on it that I did not make. Nobody else can access my phone, I have no connection to Gibraltar and no such number exists in call history. I know exactly where I was and what I was doing on the day the call is logged and I know I didn't call that number.

o2 are looking into it and it may take up to 5 working days. I'm concerned that this may happen again and that the calls may cost me hundreds of pounds so I've requested an international call ban until I get to the bottom of it.

Been with o2 for 15 years and never had this before.

Has anybody else had this happen to them please? I have not called back a missed call or replied to a suspicious text etc.

Thanks.

Victoria.

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure if this is important or not but o2 have said that the call was placed via TUGO. I only use TUGO when I'm abroad and I was not abroad when this call took place. I tend to disable it whilst in the UK because it duplicates voicemail and texts etc and is not needed whilst in the UK.

I've looked through the TUGO call history and that number is not there?

Message 21 of 35

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Have you ever been to Portugal and if you have did you use TuGo while there ?

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 22 of 35

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145120 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27850 Solutions
Have you got Tugo logged in on any other device?
You can check in the Tugo settings on your phone if some other device is using your account.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 23 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Not logged in on any other device and not been to Portgal since 2012. I don't have any association with any person or company n Portugal either.

o2 asked if anyone else has access to my 'phone, it's a no as it's auto locked at 60 ecs and needs a 6 digit code or my ring finger print.

Message 24 of 35

MI5
  • 145120 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27850 Solutions
Have you checked in your phone to see if any other devices have been logged in without your knowledge?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 25 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I'm not sure how to check if other devices have logged in but I don't have any other devices other than a kindle but I haven't been able to load TUGO on there - I did try.

I've checked the family / share facility and there's no one on there.

Message 26 of 35

MI5
  • 145120 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27850 Solutions
In Tugo settings there is a section which shows you how many devices are logged in.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 27 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5

Thank you. Just this device, iphone 6.

Message 28 of 35

MI5
  • 145120 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27850 Solutions
Ok good. At least you know no one has tried to spoof your account.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 29 of 35

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Anonymous

If it's not an O2 error, then the only other possibility (also assuming your account hasn't been spoofed/cloned) is if your phone's MAC address logged in your router has been spoofed/cloned.

I know this is possible but I don't know if the MAC address would allow your phone number to be spoofed/cloned.

Also if this has been done then why has only one call been made ?

A very strange and unusual problem.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 30 of 35