Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment

BOB48
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi I have 2 numbers on my account, one mine and one my partners daughter. But my contract up on the 23rd, so my partner is going to pay for her daughters from then, so how do I change the direct debit ? I be paying for mine, and partner will pay for her daughters. Do I have to take partners daughter number off completely and hers start again on the new rolling tariff and enter partners bank details for direct debit? I staying on 02 so mine and my bank details be ok. Anybody had this sort of problem? Thanks.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146913 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions

@BOB48 

The account holder is still responsible for the account though, regardless of who pays.

Screenshot 2024-05-12 at 18.08.34.png

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 12

BOB48
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi thanks for reply. Yes I know I be main account holder, that no problem. I just don't want to pay her bill. So if update card/debit details then I won't be paying her bill, just my own. Don't mind her number still on my account, just not have to pay the monthly bill if you see what I mean. Thanks.

Message 3 of 12

MI5
  • 146913 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions

@BOB48 

Yes, if you change the payment details you will no longer be paying, unless the other person defaults and then O2 will come after you for payment.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 12

BOB48
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ok thank you. Don't think it would default, but know what you mean. Suppose the other way is to have her removed completely, and let her set her own account up. So can change payment details without customer service? Also to make sure set up direct debit before bill due, as needs few days to set up.

Message 5 of 12

MI5
  • 146913 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions

@BOB48 

She would need to pass the credit checks in order to get her own contract which would be setup with her own bank details. Her number can be migrated once that is complete Guide: Migration & porting into O2 

Yes, payment details can be changed without help from customer services (luckily).

Payment is due 14 days after the bill is generated, so depending on that date, the first bill after the change may need to be paid manually.

Guide: How to Pay Your Bill (Contract) 

Message 6 of 12

BOB48
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi are bills are done the 23rd each month, then payment taken 14 days after. Normally about the 8th of each month they take the money. So as long as direct debit set up before the 8th, should be ok. So contract ends on 23rd this month, so if set up new payment details after 23rd, it be set up in time for her bill to go out under new bank details. 02 told me can't do it before contract ends otherwise they charge you?

Message 7 of 12

MI5
  • 146913 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions

@BOB48 

Your timing for the DD is correct.

When they say that you will be charged, they just mean charged up to the end of the contract, which will be the same cost as waiting to cancel on the 23rd anyway.

Message 8 of 12

BOB48
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi how do I change the details, logged into my 02, where to go from there please.

Message 9 of 12

MI5
  • 146913 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions

Screenshot posted above @BOB48 

Message 10 of 12