cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device Plan Payments

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help.

I really need to reduce my tariff due to change in circumstances that were completely unexpected, however I have been told this is not possible due to the fact I need to pay off my device plan (which I am perfectly willing to do), must say I'm pretty disappointed with the lack of sympathy or help with this. I am willing to pay the same amount overall if I could just split it over a few more months by extending my contract, they don't lose out on any money that way. My tariff means that I am paying for data and minutes that I don't come anywhere close to using but I can't downgrade my tariff.

The problem is that it seems I can only pay the device plan off in one lump sum, does anyone know if it is possible to pay it off in installments e.g over three months? I can't afford the lump sum but I could stretch to paying it over a few months in order to get it over and done with quicker so I can reduce my tariff.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

I looked into that but it will only let you pay off your outstanding bill which means you can only pay the monthly device plan bill each month rather than larger installments. I was hoping to pay for example £50 per month instead of £15 but it won't let you do that.

Message 3 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Sorry to hear about your change in circumstances. It happens to many of us at unexpected times. The only advice I can give is to contact customer services again and hope you get a more sympathetic advisor. http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

The bottom line is O2 will want you to pay your bills by giving you as much help as possible. We certainly have heard of a few customers who have been given payment plans for a reduced time. Best of luck. I hope things pick up for you very soon ...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 12

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
As @jonsie says I was sure you can pay off an extra amount in myO2...

I'll look at mine now to see if I can find that process.
Message 5 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous You appear to have started two threads about the same issue which gets confusing. I answered your original one here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/Device-plan-payments/m-p/975321

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 12

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

image.png

There u go, just call 202 and ask to pay a lump off your device, it doesn't have to be all of it!

Message 7 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Mod notified to amalgamate threads.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 12

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hi guys, 

I've moved the only answser to the second thread into this one. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 9 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Thanks for that @Martin-O2

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 12