cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device Plan Payments

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help.

I really need to reduce my tariff due to change in circumstances that were completely unexpected, however I have been told this is not possible due to the fact I need to pay off my device plan (which I am perfectly willing to do), must say I'm pretty disappointed with the lack of sympathy or help with this. I am willing to pay the same amount overall if I could just split it over a few more months by extending my contract, they don't lose out on any money that way. My tariff means that I am paying for data and minutes that I don't come anywhere close to using but I can't downgrade my tariff.

The problem is that it seems I can only pay the device plan off in one lump sum, does anyone know if it is possible to pay it off in installments e.g over three months? I can't afford the lump sum but I could stretch to paying it over a few months in order to get it over and done with quicker so I can reduce my tariff.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

I managed to make extra larger payments easily a couple times

Message 11 of 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144225 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27636 Solutions
You may find it easier to make overpayments by calling CS on 202 to do so but your airtime will remain the same until the device is fully paid for.
Give 30 days notice when you make the second (if making 3 overpayments) so that you can downgrade to a cheaper simo once the final payment is made, otherwise you will have to wait another month.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 12