Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charges

Simong
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I went abroad and left my phone on flight mode. The only messages that came to my phone were from o2 every time I reached a different island. They charged me 59 last month and 60 this month. Why am I getting charged I didn't use my phone once. Please help.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144495 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27686 Solutions

@Simong you need to call customer services to get an explanation of the charges. 

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
  • 123017 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

@Simong

If you say you didn't have mobile data/data roaming on at all at anytime, then you should query it.

However a breakdown of charges can be found in My O2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

Simong
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Looked at break down and they both say messages. Only messages received were from o2 telling me how much it cost to send a message. Feels like a con. I'm due to upgrade now but if these charges stand I'll probably move to another provider. Thanks

Message 3 of 6

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12080 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1125 Solutions
If your phone was on airplane mode then ENTIRE time you were away then how did you receive the messages?
Do you have an iPhone by any chance? They send a message to register for iMessage that you don't see which might have caused it.
You should also not be charged for messages received. What is showing on your bill?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 6

MI5
  • 144495 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27686 Solutions

@Simong you need to call customer services to get an explanation of the charges. 

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 6

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:
If your phone was on airplane mode then ENTIRE time you were away then how did you receive the messages?

My thoughts too 

As @MI5 says, there is no charge for receiving service messages from O2. 

Message 6 of 6