cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being harassed for a contract that never started

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had this terrible time with O2 due to a contract that never started.

It goes as follows.

1 - I have signed up with O2 over for a £21/mth (I believe) account, 12 month contract

2 - I have received a sim card by post but never activated or used it.

3 - I decided to cancel my contract within 14 days of my contract under the Customer Contracts Regulations and I have been told that I would not been charged anything.

4 - A few weeks pasted and I received a contract bill of £35/mth unexpectedly from O2 which I have never signed up for. I phoned O2 about it and they said that that this bill has been generated automatically and I should not worry about it.

5 - A few weeks later I have received a £348 bill asking for instant payment due to cancelation fees. I phoned O2 about this new bill again and they told again that there has been a mistake from O2 and my balance was clear and I had nothing to pay. 

6 - After a week I received the same £348 bill again, phoned O2 and had the same conversation of last time. I believe that it appear to have been little, ineffective or no action at all from O2 following previous calls.

7 - I also found out from all these calls that my email address has been recorded by O2 incorrectly. As a result I could not be sent a confirmation that my balance is clear as of yt. I have asked to update my email in follow up conversation but have been refused by the help desk as my account has been terminated. My name is also incorrectly typed as well as my security question.

I am pretty sure I have provided all these details correctly to O2.

Can anyone suggest how I may be able to fix up this mess.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous You could complain via these links. Usually resolver gets quicker results 

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain.

https://www.resolver.co.uk/companies/o2-complaints

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous You could complain via these links. Usually resolver gets quicker results 

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain.

https://www.resolver.co.uk/companies/o2-complaints

Message 2 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
I'll tag @MercedesS who is our community manager.
I'm sure she will be able to offer you some assistance.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Presumably this was a sim only 12 month contract? When o2 make an error it's the devil's work to try and get it sorted out and the poor customer has to do all the chasing. As well as the above advice I would suggest you Google CEO O2 and drop his office an email.

We can't put the link on here but you can always PM me if you have trouble finding it. You will probably get a quicker response than the conventional ways. Make sure you include a daytime contact number.

It's strange that there are two different demands and that some of the details are incorrect. I hope you haven't been the victim of identity theft. 

Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

That was what I was thinking @jonsie & for the OP sake u hope it isn't That

Message 5 of 6

MercedesS
Former Staff
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous, 

I’m very sorry to hear about your poor experience. The O2 community is a group of customers like you, but we are not Customer Service I am afraid. Please follow their advice and find the best way for you to get in touch with O2 here. As they said, it doesn't sound normal. At the same time, I'll drop you a Private Message to get more info just in case there's something we can do to help out.

Hopefully, all will be fixed soon. Please keep us updated  Wave

Thank you very much guys for all the help heart

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 6 of 6