cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DX 0844 3710000

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone else having a problem being billed for an 0844 number you have never used?

This happened to me last month and again this month.  Charges for a call to 'DX delivery service' on 0844 371 0000 which I have never rung?

It's only £1.70 and 47p, but it's starting to feel like a scam.  I've told O2 and they eventaully refunded the first one but its happened again?

I would never call an 0844 number on my mobile, the company have no record of my call, plus there's no trace on my call history for the dates and times?  

I remember old scams where you could pick up a call and get charged?  But I haven't even done that?

It's small sums but if this is happening to lots of people it may be bigger bucks for someone?  Any ideas?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122931 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions
Message 2 of 11

MI5
  • 144376 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
Sounds like one that o2 need to investigate and give you a plausible explanation for.
If they can't you should be fully refunded.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

V grateful.  I wonder if it's a tracking charge when you check status of a delivery online?  But haven't used DX and didn't get a parcel on those dates (and surely I would get an alert to charge) ....Just can't understand it? 

Will contact O2 to get them blocked because I can't work out how to trace properly and have no record to block them.  Ironically to call DX and try and find out what they say, it's a 55p connection charge and then some....

Thanks for help!

Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks. I agree. Not sure they are interested tho! Too small amounts.
They suggested my children may have secretly used my phone and deleted history?! (They are 12/15 and don't order parcels). Or I dialled from my pocket? (No call history). Excellently helpful.
Message 5 of 11

MI5
  • 144376 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
Complaints process here, should you need it
https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 11

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous, did you find out why DX delivery service was charging you?

Follow their advice! You should Talk to a guru and they should be able to help you or raise a case to investigate further if needed!!

Please let us know how it goes in case we can help you more thumbsup

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I think I did!  

I talked to someone at O2 about whether any of the links or tricks helpfully suggested in this thread could be the problem.  We established that I did have a DX delivery- a Nike parcel? And that if you select a time slot for it to be delivered (on your mobile)- which comes as an email offer, you get charged by them via O2.  

The guy said that you can be charged for tracking parcels on your phone too. He said he's been stung by clicking on ads or links that basically mean you can be billed (via phone provider) a subscription charge.

It's definitely not clear when you are offered a tracking or 'booking time slot' service that you will be charged via your phone bill.  It's also very unclear when you click on some ads that you're going to billed separate phone charges!

Message 8 of 11

jonsie
  • 93240 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Very underhanded and sneaky. At least you got to the bottom of it. Thank you for updating.

Message 9 of 11

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Thanks for letting us know @Anonymous and sorry we cannot help you more disappointed_relieved

We will make sure to pass your feedback

It's definitely not clear when you are offered a tracking or 'booking time slot' service that you will be charged via your phone bill.  It's also very unclear when you click on some ads that you're going to billed separate phone charges!

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 10 of 11