Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch series 9 error code 08

bbridle
Level 1: Joiner
  • 12 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I started a case with O2 on14th December 2023 that is still unresolved, although having looked on 360 with a man in the Oxford O2 shop all of my calls have been “resolved”. Basically, I get error 08 on trying to get my Apple Watch series 9 working with an O2 mobile service. I’ve managed to get the error removed once by customer services back at the end of January but trying to signup again and going through the signup process resulted days later in error 08 after it got stuck activating and the agent asked me to reset the mobile service. I was told to expect a call back but two weeks have gone by without anything.

It’s so annoying but if nobody here can help I think I have no alternative other than to leave O2.

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

TomHammo
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

How did you get on? Im still no where near fixing my Apple Watch airtime plan. They are charging me for the two airtime plans, even though they have never been connected.

Message 21 of 32

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7497 Posts
  • 142 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@TomHammo 

If that question is aimed at @bbridle, it needs tagging thus. 👍  

Message 22 of 32

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37230 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions

@TomHammo - did you check your Forum Private Messages? (Envelope icon up above in browser, or tap the avatar top-right and select Messages from the drop-down) - as I the Forum Manager Dave-O2 reached out to you earlier asking for your mobile number privately?

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple/Apple-Watch/m-p/1722359/highlight/true#M172772

Message 23 of 32

TomHammo
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@pgn @Yes I did get a message from Dave. Still waiting for a fix. Cheers

Message 24 of 32

Peter_L
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have the same issue. Please any advise how to sort this out? Thank you!

Message 25 of 32

pgn
  • 37230 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions

All the error codes and means of contact for remediation in here, @Peter_L - Activate Apple Watch Guide 

And as Social Media team need to give assistance if your error code is not mentioned in the guide, just keep nudging every so often until you get an agent who engages with you. Good luck!

Message 26 of 32

Peter_L
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So we have Friday and after a week my Apple watch is still not connected to the O2 network and a reference code 08 is still there any time I try to set up my Apple Watch plan within the watch app. I also tried to call CS few times and they have no idea how to fix this. I went to O2 Store this afternoon and one of the store employees told me that they are aware of this issue. He said that if we buy watch directly from Apple there is an error code 08 and if we buy watch from Argos there is an error code 15. I’ve been told it’s something to do with the new system that O2 moved on to and at the moment they have no fix for this. However the other employee wasn’t aware of this and also CS never mentioned this?? I am just wondering if this is really true or they just simply don’t know what to do and making some stories up? Has anyone actually managed to connect their watch? Please could you advise? Thank you.

Message 27 of 32

pgn
  • 37230 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions

O2 Social Media team are best placed to help - but codes 8 and 15 could mean anything, especially as 15 is not called out in Activate Apple Watch Guide - the forum used to have advisors who ferreted out fixes for the various iWatch pairing codes, @Peter_L - but they shared little with the Community in this regard. All you can do is take the response as a guarded "we dunno, mate, really" and keep pestering O2 via Social Media at the link below until you get lucky ... Where the watch came from, with the latest software installed, should make no difference, @Peter_L - unless one outlet was bringing in gray imports from another source (this happens with phones, the country codes in the firmware can tell you what market a particular Android phone was made for - not sure how to winkle this info out of an iWatch though. Good luck!

Message 28 of 32

Peter_L
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @pgn It seems weird that if you get Apple Watch from elsewhere it wouldn’t work? I had this watch connected to O2 network before around March this year for a month (purchased from Apple) and it worked perfectly fine. However I didn’t need it at the time and discontinued this plan. But now I want to reconnect (the same watch) and I am having this issue. So that’s definitely not an issue with Apple Watch bought at Apple Store. The thing is there must be something that O2 can do on their end to fix this however it seems like staff is not trained properly or aware of this issue at all. The problem is to get someone willing to fix it. CS have no idea what this is about and people at stores are telling silly stories about watch purchased somewhere else. But what is interesting - if you buy watch from O2 there wouldn’t be any problem. Is it not that O2 tries to get people to buy watch with their expensive plans instead of buying own watch? Honestly not sure what to think but I will raise a complaint for sure.

Message 29 of 32

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7497 Posts
  • 142 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Please bear in mind @Peter_L that if you raise a formal complaint, other O2 teams will be either unable or unwilling to engage with you. Hence, you will have to wait for O2 to investigate and respond to your complaint, a process which is currently taking up to eight weeks. 

Your best bet to get resolution is via the O2 social media team :-

Facebook : https://o2uk.co/O2CFB

X (previously known as Twitter) : https://o2uk.co/O2CTW

Instagram : https://o2uk.co/O2CIG

That team is based in the UK and does have a reputation for solving problems. 👍

Message 30 of 32