Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch series 9 error code 08

bbridle
Level 1: Joiner
  • 12 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I started a case with O2 on14th December 2023 that is still unresolved, although having looked on 360 with a man in the Oxford O2 shop all of my calls have been “resolved”. Basically, I get error 08 on trying to get my Apple Watch series 9 working with an O2 mobile service. I’ve managed to get the error removed once by customer services back at the end of January but trying to signup again and going through the signup process resulted days later in error 08 after it got stuck activating and the agent asked me to reset the mobile service. I was told to expect a call back but two weeks have gone by without anything.

It’s so annoying but if nobody here can help I think I have no alternative other than to leave O2.

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

Peter_L
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you

Message 31 of 35

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7588 Posts
  • 143 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@Peter_L wrote:

Thank you

You are welcome @Peter_L ! 👍

Message 32 of 35

Peter_L
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well the error code 08 is now gone and I was able to sign in to my account and purchase an Apple Watch Plan. However my plan is still not active and I am stuck on "O2 Activating" and a spinning circle next to it since 25th of June (see a screenshot below) I've tried all possible things (resetting watch, switching phone off and back on etc) but nothing worked. Any idea how to fix this, please? Thank you.O2 Error.png

Message 33 of 35

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37253 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions

As per the Activate Apple Watch Guide @Peter_L - shown below.

Failing that, escalation to the O2 Community Manager here on Monday is an option, if still stuck - he is @Kei-M_O2, you can drop him a PM here to follow-up. The process is positively glacial it seems 🤷

Your Airtime Plan and how to activate it?

More info

If you buy your Apple Watch from O2, we’ll set up your Airtime Plan for you. But you’ll still need to activate it when you set up your Watch. When you first turn on your Apple Watch, your iPhone will recognise it and prompt you to pair them.

As part of this process, you’ll reach a step that asks you to set up mobile data. Tap ‘Set up mobile data’. You’ll see a screen that confirms your plan has been added to your account. It can take up to 24 hours to activate, but sometimes it might take a little longer.

To check if your new Airtime Plan is active, open the Watch app on your iPhone and tap on ‘Mobile Data’. In the ‘Data Plan’ section, if you see O2 with the word ‘activating’ then you’ll have to wait a little longer for set up to complete. If you see O2 with an orange ‘i’ next to it, then you’re all set up.

Message 34 of 35

Peter_L
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you! slight_smile I'll try to contact him on Monday. There is no option for me to remove this or try/start again so I am stuck. I think the only option is to contact them on Monday. Have a good weekend @pgn 

Message 35 of 35